Non-developer wants to integrate Calendar

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:22 pm
I am trying to build a sales solution in FileMaker 8, contacting companies and selling them services, via appointments which we will schedule using CC Calendar Pro.

So far, I have built a FileMaker database for sorting imported leads, assigning them to sales people, and then managing the leads through the sales process up to the order and beyond. However, I am stuck on how to integrate CC Calendar for the sales appointments we will set via outbound dialling (from within the FileMaker leads database).

I see that CC calendar has some space to show two other databases underneath the calendar view, but this isn't quite ideal for my purpose, given that I have a lot of additional information on each lead, as well as varying telephone scripts for the salesperson using it. In other words, I want to keep the leads database and the interface I built, but (apparently) use CC Calendar within it. That way I would have a complete selling and appointment setting system. Otherwise, I'll have to pay $3-4,000/year, every year, to salesforce.com.

Should I show CC Calendar in a second window alongside the leads database? How do YOU integrate CC Calendar with your selling processes/leads databases?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:29 pm
I think that this is slightly different from the Sticky Tips" "linking contacts to appointments". If not, sorry for the time wasting!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:10 pm
I think the "Linking Appointments to Contacts / Clients" tip is most of what you need. In that linkage you keep your leads interface as it is and simply add a portal showing the appointment(s) for that lead. You can use that portal to create new appointments, or create them right in the calendar. You add *some* information about the lead to the calendar, but don't try to recreate your leads interface in two places.

You may also want to add a button to the Edit Appointment mini window that jumps to an appointment's lead record (Go To Related Record in Leads, using a layout from your leads table, then close the edit appointment mini window by name from the script in leads. Be sure the button that begins this "jump" to leads is set to "halt" the currently running script, not to pause it.)

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:55 am
It absolutely does help! Thank you!

Now all I have to do is make a few of your **VERY EASY** mods and we'll be up and running! (Not quite that easy for me, but that's what happens when a developer gives control of a very powerful tool to an end-user who's way out of his depth...).

Your toggle "Show Resources And/Or Users" mod listed in the Stickies will also be very useful.

BTW the visual design and GUI of all your products is outstanding--it's what attracted me in the first place.

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)