Adding Printable reports

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:13 pm
Have just started using CCC SE So far it has been working well We would like to add a few reports for printing.

The major one would be to print out an appointment with:
Date
Time
Client name
Client address
Description
Resource
Type

I'm now cutting my teeth on Filemaker and can use some help.

John
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:25 pm
Hi John,

If you click "search" from any of the calendar screens you'll find yourself on a list view of the records you were looking at (a list corresponding to records for that day, week, or month). Clicking "print" at the bottom of that screen will show you the default report that comes with CC Calendar.

You'll want to modify this layout to suit your needs. Leave this report and from the Daily view, enter layout mode and navigate to the "Appointments (Print)" layout (number 16) once the status area is showing (Scripts / Show Status Area).

You'll see that this layout has everything you've mentioned except for the client name and client address. Simply add these fields from the "AppointmentsDailyClients" table occurrence. You'll likely want to play with the sliding of these fields to get the report right (Format / Set Sliding Printing...). Note that this printing layout has a sub summary part so it only looks right in Preview mode and after the records have been sorted by "ApptDateStart". (The print script you clicked on earlier sorts them this way.)

Hope that helps you get started.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:46 pm
Thanks John for the quick reply. That did answer one of my questions. Now I have another.

Here is a bit of the background of the company and what we are trying to use CCC/SE for. We are a small glass company that mostly works with home owners. Our resources are our employees. We have 6 installers and will be adding another soon. The reason we picked CCC/SE is that visualy it come very close to the existing paper calendars that have been used for years.

What I would like to add to the Schedule view appointments:

• The address of the job sight <- Need to see this in the schedule view
• The Client notes field <- Do not need to see in the Schedule view but will need to have printed

We need a print out of each apointment for the day. Each on it's own piece of letter sized paper that can be given to the installer.

Info needed on the print out:

•Date and Time of appointment
•Installers name (resource)
•Client Name
•Client Address
•Client Phone numbers
•Appointment description
•Client notes

Thanks in advance for your help

John
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:10 am
Seems there are three things you need to change in the calendar's print out:

a) Adding more client information (like notes and phone numbers) to the report. You'll do that the same way I described adding client information in the previous post (adding fields from the "AppointmentsDailyClients" table occurrence.).

b) Put the job address on the schedule view. To do this you'll edit the calc used to display the appointment text: ApptDisplayOnScheduleText. You'll see the client's phone as part of that calc and you can include the client's address the same way. (You can alternately add the address as a tool tip if you're using FileMaker 8 Advanced. This can help with the speed of the calendar as you'll only be showing the address for one appointment at a time instead of for all appointments at the same time.)

c) Print each appointment on its own page. To do this you'll make a couple of changes to the Body part of the Appointments (Print) layout:

1. Highlight the body and turn the line fill style to transparent.

2. Make the body height nearly a full page long (or longer if you expect some descriptions to run more than a page.

3. Double click on the body part and check "Page Break After Every [1] Occurrence" and "Restart Page Numbers After Each Occurrence".

4. You may also want to move the subsummary content (the big date display) into the body and optionally remove the subsummary part.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)