Unable to import contacts from flat file database

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:20 pm
Using SeedCode Calendar, I have tried to follow the instructions in the included doc ("Importing Contacts") to import a bunch of contacts from my old database file. I succeeded in converting my old file to a Filemaker file, and I was also able to add a new field and insert serial numbers, as per your instructions.

But when navigate to my SeedCode Calendar Contacts layout and select Import Records/File...I am unable to match up the fields! For example, I can find no fields in the existing SeedCode Calendar "Contacts" table that correspond to "Address" or "City."

Can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:30 am
For example, I can find no fields in the existing SeedCode Calendar "Contacts" table that correspond to "Address" or "City."

Right. We store addresses (as well as phone numbers ad email addresses) in their own tables, so you don't import them into the contacts table.

In this article...

http://docs.seedcode.com/ccp8/show/Importing+Contacts

...you'll see that we describe how to import from a flat file first into our contacts table and then into PhoneFaxEmail, and then into addresses. I'd suggest reading the doc through all the way at least once before you get started as some of the options you have with phone numbers are addresses depend on choices you make early in the contact import process.

Please let me know if that article helps.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar