how do I edit a script button's label?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:20 am
On the Daily Calendar View, I want to change the label "user" to "staff." But I can't manage to select the text of that button. When I use the Text button, then click in the field (this is the button attached to the script "Filter (Filter Name) , Parameter: FilterName = User"), all I get is a new text box. Can you help me?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:09 am
Sure.

Double clicking on an object with button properties brings up the Specify Action dialog as you've noticed. For text objects defined as buttons simply select the text tool ("A") instead of the pointer arrow before you click on the item.

Our user label is not a text object, however. Its a field. So to change it to "staff" you'll edit the field "FilterUserDisplayCalc" in the Filters table, changing the word "user" to "staff".

Thanks for your question.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:17 am
Thanks for your quick response to my last question. Now I've managed to come up with a new problem that is truly maddening. As you know, the labels of the filter action buttons on the Daily calendar view ("clear" "show" "hide") are formatted so that when the filter is active, the font on the "clear" button changes to red, and on the "show" button to black. For some reason, the filter action buttons for my "contacts" (I have renamed it "patients") column seem to be stuck in "active" mode. In other words, even when I clear the filter, the formatting on the "clear" and "show" buttons continues to be such that "clear" is in red, and "show" is in black. Have you any idea where I screwed up? Sorry to bug you with these annoyances.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:12 pm
No problem. The versions of these fields used for clients and projects are a little different than the ones for User, Type, and Resource. (The reason is that client and project filter by IDs, for what its worth.)

So, you'll find we're testing for the string "contacts" in the field "FilterToolContactCalc". Change that test to "patients" and you should be set.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar