modify scheduling view

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:59 am
hello
i would like to modify the scheduling view to have verticaly the ressources
and horizontaly the day's in weeks like in CCCalendar_SchedulingEdition.
how it is possible there is not the same button and by the way i will prefere to use week and day horizontal better for us than only hours in aday

could you help please
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:10 pm
Hi. We had a layout like this in the FM7 version of our calendar. While it was very slow, it did work but FileMaker subtly changed the stack order of layout objects in FM8 so the trick we used to build that layout no longer works.

If you need to see multiple days across the top of the screen, the calendar's Gantt Chart layout does that. Of course it doesn't show a grid with resources on the left side as you've described but shows all the appointments or project milestones within the gantt chart's date range.

So to answer your question directly, we don't have an easy way to "flip" the Scheduling Tab so resources are on the left and dates across the top. We could build a layout that does this, if you're interested, but it would be largely new code and kind of a big deal. If you're interested in this, lets discuss it further and I'll get you an estimate.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:20 am
In fact i bought this to according to what i saw on the other version, what we need is to plan the work of our maid, so we need a month view of the schedule with ressources verticaly, then we should zoom to a week view of the schedule ...etc
So could you please estimate the cost and the delay of that kind of work, by the way i am translating all in french if you are interest...

regards
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:51 pm
Thanks for the followup. I'm not sure I know what you mean by this, "a month view of the schedule with ressources verticaly". So I think the best way to get started would be for you to email me some sketches of what you'd like the screens to look like. We can then bounce a couple of emails back and forth until I know enough to get you an estimate. You can send sketches to john at seedcode.com

Looking forward to it.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:26 am
sullen wrote: by the way i am translating all in french if you are interest...

regards

Hi Sullen,

I'm about doing the same, translate! Maybe we can exchange ideas,?! I'm on the first step, using the demo version for the third day.
I'm sure more than one french users are waiting out there. So why not ?

Théo
Theo,
MCS Consulting, Belgium
FM2-FM8.5ADV
iBOOK-MAC OS X 10.4.6

Return to SeedCode Calendar