Conflict marker not showing

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:33 pm
I've been doing some preliminary testing before diving in and integrating Seedcode Calendar into my solution. I'm having a problem seeing any conflict flag. I've created multiple appointments with exact the same or overlapping times (duplicating other details as well) and I can't see the conflict marked show up anywhere in the daily or weekly view. Actually, I haven't even located the field where it's supposed to show up, but it's definitely not visible on the screen. I tried on both my unlocked version and downloaded demo version. Thanks, Will

PS: Feel free to reply to me directly on this next question, but I'm interested in how you are managing to keep spammers out of your PHPBB setup. Are you using the PHPBB Security mod or something else? I tried installing the security mod but never got it working right.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:47 am
Hi,

The conflict display field can be found just to the left of the appointment's start date field on the daily view. It's a thin, vertical field that will display red when there is a conflict, as shown in this screen shot.

The sample data in our demo for July 15 has a conflict precisely as shown there, so if you don't see that on the demo, let me know.

Aside from that, there are a couple reasons why a conflict wouldn't show:

- The "show conflicts" setting is set to "no" on the settings tab of the About screen.

- The appointments don't share enough information to conflict: they must share a user and a resource.

- I imagine you could have been deleting interface records and the field "IntRedCalcLkup" in the interface table might not have a value.

(I'll respond to the security thing back channel; we work hard at it.)
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:40 am
Hi John,

I checked the Settings and show conflicts was set to "no", however, turning it on made no difference.

I also didn't have the same user set, but even after I did, it made no difference.

I created a layout for the Interface table and check the IntRedCalcLkup field and it has a nice red 'glob' in it.

Here's a <a href="http://studioschoolpro.com/images/NoConflict.jpg">screen shot</a> of what I'm seeing.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:48 am
Looks like something was changed on the layout of your daily view-- that "thing" to the left of your date is the conflict display but it looks like its been changed to some kind of repeating field- or perhaps switched to the wrong field.

That little vertical field to the left of your date should be "AppointmentsDailyConflictInterface:IntRedCalcLkup" and its graphic format should be set to crop.

Let me know if that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:58 am
Thanks John, the field was incorrect. It was set to IntLegendGlob. Once I changed it it word correctly. I don't know when I downloaded this version - probably sometime in August - but I'm certain I haven't made any changes to the fields or layouts.

I went back and checked the demo version I downloaded last night and it does display correctly, I just didn't have a duplicate "user" applied to the events.

I assume you all are available if I need it for by-the-hour phone consultation on integrating this into my solution? I don't really need the contacts or Gantt charting - really all I need are the calendar displays and filterings, so I'm debating between keeping this as a separate file or integrating it into my main solution file...

Thanks,

Will
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:02 am
Sure Will; I'm available.

I'd suggest keeping it as a separate file, even if all you use is the calendar. Moving all that into another .fp7 is a mountain of work. If you want to centralize security you can move the appointments table into your file but keep the interface etc in SeedCodeCalendar.fp7. That's my suggestion, fwiw.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar