"cancel" button?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:10 am
From the "Mini Window Edit Appointment" layout, it looks to me like the only way to cancel the process of creating a new appointment is to click the "delete" button, then "yes" to confirm the deletion. So, for example, if I begin a new appointment, then change my mind and decide not to create it after all, I actually need to "delete" that half-baked appointment.

Am I correct about this?

If so, I'd like to add a "cancel" button to this layout, that would allow me to exit, without creating a new appointment.

I'm guessing that this is more complicated than it sounds - since otherwise, you probably would have added such a button already! (Am I right)?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:17 am
jimrecht wrote:From the "Mini Window Edit Appointment" layout, it looks to me like the only way to cancel the process of creating a new appointment is to click the "delete" button, then "yes" to confirm the deletion. So, for example, if I begin a new appointment, then change my mind and decide not to create it after all, I actually need to "delete" that half-baked appointment.

Am I correct about this?

You are. We set things up this way to keep things simple because we're using the same layout to create and to edit the appointment. If we gad a "cancel" button there, it would seem to imply that users could cancel an edit of an appointment as well. This is not something we've included in the calendar-again to keep things simple.

jimrecht wrote:If so, I'd like to add a "cancel" button to this layout, that would allow me to exit, without creating a new appointment.

I'm guessing that this is more complicated than it sounds - since otherwise, you probably would have added such a button already! (Am I right)?

Right again. What you can do is make the label of the current delete button into a global field and set it to read "cancel" when you're creating a new appointment and "delete" when you're editing an appointment. This gets a little tricky, since you could begin editing an appointment, then click "dupe" to create a new one, etc. You'd have to decide if the action of duping should change the label to "cancel".

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:45 am
Got it. Thanks!

Return to SeedCode Calendar