How to add a new related table?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:56 am
I'll try to explain my first problem more clearly.

1) I insert a portal to CalDailyApptMeds in my Mini Window Edit Appointment layout.

2) I set left-most field as "RxID_kf." I make that a drop down list.

-- It displays values from a value list I've created, based on Meds::RxID_kprime and Meds::RxGenericName.

-- It displays data from CalDailyContactMeds::RxID_kf.

3) OK, now I go into browse mode, and create a new appointment using the Mini Window Edit Appointment layout. I select my contact (patient), etc. No problems so far.

4) When I get to the Meds portal, I click on the first field. A drop down list appears, with values like "1 penicillin", "2 morphine", "3 aspirin" etc (in other words, the value list I described above). So, for example, if my patient needs penicillin, I select "1 penicillin." Still no problems.

5) But when I leave this field, it no longer displays "1 penicillin." It displays only "1" (in other words, the actual data from CalDailyContactMeds::RxID_kf). THAT'S the problem! I need it to display either "penicillin" or "1 penicillin".

I'm guessing that I need to paste another field object on top of (or below?) this one, that displays the info I want. But I don't know how to set that up. Can you advise?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:01 am
That is exactly why you need a new table occurrence of Meds attached to CalDailyApptMeds so that you can show information about the Medicine. So that dates etc in your portal would come from CalDailyApptMeds, but the medicine name in the same portal would display from this new table occurrence of Meds attached to CalDailyApptMeds. You can stack the fields as you've suggested to get the right effect.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
Previous

Return to SeedCode Calendar