Appointments New Record locking up in FM Server 8

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:00 pm
Very strange problem.

We have the new Calendar integrated into our companies solution, as you know John. Things have been working fine until today.

Currently, there are around 2400 appointment records.

Nothing has changed with the schema at all since things were working just fine. The only changes to the file would be that over a thousand new records were created yesterday by a manager who came in to enter many repeating appointments for all departments.

Today, any attempt to create a new Appointment record gives all PC users a coffee cup and locks FMP up.

For me on my Mac, I get locked up with the spinwheel.

I pulled the file off FM Server 8, and opened it in FMP8.5 advanced and was able to create a record with no problem. On the server, it gives all clients a problem.

Creating other records in the file (to do, etc) works just fine...it's only the Appointments.

Server Admin says the file is "Normal".

Any ideas??

Nate
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:36 pm
Hmmmm. No real ideas Nate, but some general stuff: you might check the server's available disk space and I'd also consider restarting the server if that is an option. Also have you opened and closed the file on the server yet? You'll get a consistency check when you re-open it if it was closed improperly.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:26 pm
Thanks, John.

For whatever reason, a server and service restart did the trick.

I would love to know what caused the problem and why the restart fixed it, though. It's obviously quite costly and inconvenient to interrupt the entire organization to do a server restart.

Occasionally I've noticed that the new record/request script step will stall for quite awhile, in various different scripts. Very frustrating because it really holds up our staff, and I can't find a solution. Did some searching around for answers on this previously and made no progress.

I can't help but wonder if this was a similar problem.

Return to SeedCode Calendar