Multiple Calendars

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:57 am
Folks

Perhaps this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it anywhere else, so I will ask it anyway. Is there any of the versions (Free or Pro) that support multiple calendars? What I mean by this is, Pete has his own set of six calendar records that show his appointments and Sarah has her own that allow her to view her schedule? Or is this accomplished through the filtering feature in Pro? If it is, can you tie it to their login? (I am assuming the last question must be an affirmative, but it doesn't hurt to ask)

Vince Dolan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:42 am
You're right that you'd do it through filtering-- using the "user" filter in Pro-- and that you can tie this to their login to enforce this kind of thing. Tying it to their logic can be dine through scripting of the user filter OR by just using FileMaker's built in Access Privileges to write "visibility" rules permitting users to only see certain appointments.

In FileMaker's built in help, check out Contents > Protecting databases with accounts and privilege sets > Creating and managing privilege sets > Editing record access privileges.

On the "Editing record access privileges" page you're interested in the "Limited" option under number 4.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar