appointment info in calendar less and more detail view

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:39 pm
I would like to know if it's possible to modify the information shown in an appointment inside the calendar.Right now, it's showing the title of the appointment with the level of detail set to less and it shows the contact's name, the contact's company name and the contact's phone number with the level of detail set to more.

Since I run a medical practice, I would like the title to show a contact's name and ID number also. Or at least, I would like to include the contact's ID number with the level of detail set to "more".

P.S.: I am just getting familiar with filemaker.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:51 am
Hi there. This is all pretty easy to change...

Less detail. on this layout we're simply showing the ApptTitle field from the appointment's table. So you'll want to create a new calc field in Appointments that brings in the contacts name. Something like this...

CalDailyApptContacts::ContactNameLastFirstCalc

...and use that instead. Double click on the ApptTitle field we have in each column and select your new calc field instead. "Changing" the existing field in this way, instead of pasting in a new field, ensures that the context for each column remains correct.

More detail. Here we're using a calc already in the appointments table to gather some info about the appointment and the contact. So you can just edit this existing calc, called "ApptTitleDisplayCalc", to include more information about the contact, like their ID.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:42 pm
I was just trying to work on this same thing, to show more detail/change the details shown. I didn't see a field called "ApptTitleDisplayCalc". Has this been renamed in newer versions?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:52 pm
Yes. In the current version of the Pro Calendar, the field you want to edit is called "zscEventSummaryCalc".

Return to SeedCode Calendar