Beauty Center Solution

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:01 pm
Hi John,
I would like to change a little bit the behavior of the current calendar in SeedCode Complete to suit the needs of a spa/salon/beauty center to see the schedules of all my employees as follows:

1. Day, Week, and Month views should give me the option to select a staff member and once selected an Employee A, I would be able to see only his/her schedule. In the current version if I have two staff members with appointments/events at the same time they overlap to each other. I know this is a hard one but could you suggest options in how to accomplish this in SeedCode Complete calendar?

2. The Schedule view is perfect but I also want to have the view but replacing the resources list with the staff list. How do I do that?

3. Is it possible to set color per staff to show on the calendar.

Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:45 am
Hello,

Hope all is well!

1. Day, Week, and Month views should give me the option to select a staff member and once selected an Employee A, I would be able to see only his/her schedule. In the current version if I have two staff members with appointments/events at the same time they overlap to each other. I know this is a hard one but could you suggest options in how to accomplish this in SeedCode Complete calendar?

Actually, you can do this using the Filters on the side bar. You can either add staff as a filter field, but since your going to combine resources and staff, you'll be able to use the built in resource filters.

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ar.Filters

2. The Schedule view is perfect but I also want to have the view but replacing the resources list with the staff list. How do I do that?

The Resources are driven by the value list of the same name, which is just a list of static values. You can change this value list to be based on a field like staff name, you'll then want to map that same field on the "Source No 1 " layout as your resource. We've got some more on this here:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... .Resources

3. Is it possible to set color per staff to show on the calendar.

Yes, this is also done on the "Source No 1" layout. More here:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ventColors

hth!
Jason
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:36 pm
Is there a script to wipe all tables content?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:32 am
Hi,

No, there's no script. Probably the quickest way to do this is to clone the file. File > Save As... > File Type: Clone (No Records). This removes ALL data from the file, so if you want to keep some, probably best to delete manually.

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:43 am
Listen, I've been trying to change the text on some buttons such as "new event+" and not been successful as well as the text on "click to select an existing company" and so on. How do you do that?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:19 am
Hi Jason,
Can you please post the documentation link in how to use the Complete solution for training purposes?
Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:17 am
Hi,

Listen, I've been trying to change the text on some buttons such as "new event+" and not been successful as well as the text on "click to select an existing company" and so on. How do you do that?

Some of these might be groups of objects arranged together, and sometimes it's not that obvious which is which. Turning the different "Show" settings on and off can be helpful with this:

Show.png
Show.png (134.17 KiB) Viewed 8070 times

Can you please post the documentation link in how to use the Complete solution for training purposes?
Thanks.

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... eComplete2

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 am
Hi,
I do not know if you have noticed but under Projects/Files & Photos there's a link called "open file" and when user click on it to open file it creates a temporary file but when file/photo is removed from DB the temporary file is not removed. Is there a Delete File script available?
Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:28 am
Hi,

I think I got it. We're using FileMaker's straight "Export Field Contents" to the desktop with the setting to automatically open the file, so by default the File just stays on your desktop.

I remember hearing a "trick" where you can delete an exported file, by exporting to the same path, but referencing an extra container.

The easier thing to do is probably to modify the "Open File" routine to use the "Temp" folder rather than the desktop. This is hidden and cleans itself up when the FileMaker session ends, and you don't need to mess with deleting an external file. The change is easy, as there's just one script step to update.
Attachments
Open File.png
Open File.png (112.51 KiB) Viewed 8036 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:30 am
Whoops! Not sure that's inline. Here's the screen shot of the script again:

Open File.png
Open File.png (112.51 KiB) Viewed 8036 times

Let me know if that helps,
Cheers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:55 am
Jason,
Thanks a lot, it worked. When exiting, FileMaker removes the temporary files from the temporary folders.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:17 pm
Hi,

Hope all is well. Right, we call that a "Cascading Delete" in FileMaker and we don't have that set up for payments by default, but it's an easy change. Cascading deletes are set up in the relation graph and the one for Invoices and Payments is here, you'll just want to click that checkbox:

InvoicesPayments.png
InvoicesPayments.png (91.28 KiB) Viewed 7780 times

hth,
Jason

Return to SeedCode Calendar