Seedcode Complete - Importer Trouble

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:57 am
Hi, Been working on this for 20 hours, clearly not a productive use of time. First of long list of questions, but for now Ive got to get this database up and running.

1) How do I get the "Seedcode importer" to work? The problem that a everytime we do an import a new contact his company is added to the "Company List" regardless of the fact that the company is already listed (Yes, same spelling, etc..). IS the only solution to import direct to the database without the Importer?

*FYI, it became clear that this was not working when the new Company's added at each import had a Company_id that matched the Contact_id for the contacts imported (regardless of the fact that we set the serial number to generate differing "next value"s, 25000 for Company and 22000 for contact...). For example, 5 contacts added from ABC Co with the Contact_id such as 22005 to 22010 would result in an additional Company entry with the Company_ID of 22005 (rather than 25000..).

This is getting serious considering after 4 months we cannot launch this DB being as that I'm the one to work on it (and I'm the owner of the firm, with other duties that badly need my attention..). My minimum request was a DB that could readily import data, and we cant even get the initial contacts (less than 2000..) migrated and we have 60000 to go. We are trying to get this going so we can integrate sparx and zulu, but at this point we dont have the luxury to spend more time.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:43 am
Hi Will,

So sorry you're having trouble. We did have an issue with the importer, which sounds like you might be running into. Can you send me your copy of the importer, and I'll check it out and make sure it's the most current and working correctly

Please send to [email protected]. If it zips under 15mb, it should send fine, otherwise you can use a service like sendbigfiles.com to get them here.

Thanks!
-Jason
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:38 pm
No worries, Jason. I sent you what I had, which was a copy that I used just once (so only four contacts entered..). I assumed that it didnt matter what copy I send as they are all the same. FYI we are using Complete with only one mod that John installed for fmsearch...

Let me know what else you need, considering the countless trials I've run on this perhaps my feedback my help.

-W
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:46 pm
Hi Will,

Thanks, I have the file, but it does have a password on it. Can you send that to [email protected] when you get a chance.

Thanks!

Return to SeedCode Calendar