Source Count

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:29 pm
I am not able to select my other sources, of which I show three. In checking the script named "select/deselect source (number)". Debugging shows that the global variable $$sc_SourceCount does not contain a value, which is faulting the script. I have searched for where this value is being set to start with and cannot find where his is occurring. If anyone knows, please advise. Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 am
Hi Robert,

That variable itself gets set in the script: Insert iCal File Into Calendar { Use Existing Data } which is part of the main calendar refreshing routine. It counts the different $$sc_SourceName[] variables which are set at start-up. Here's some shots of the scripts in play.

hth,
Jason

Source Count.png
Source Count.png (95.39 KiB) Viewed 3141 times

Source Name.png
Source Name.png (99.34 KiB) Viewed 3141 times

Start-Up.png
Start-Up.png (114.15 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 pm
I see. However, I am not using the iCal feature, as users are on Windows 7. I had disabled all of the steps to prevent insertion of my own iCal content (as I work on a Mac), while I work on the client file. Is there a safe way to disable iCal without affecting the source count? Is it safe to disable certain parts of this script, but just leave the source count steps enabled? Granted, that on Windows PC this would not insert iCal content anyway, but I would prefer to reduce any scripts that don't need to be run - to reduce the processing overhead.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:48 am
Hi Robert,

Removing any iCal source layouts is the best way to disable this. So you could remove Source No 2 and then start your next FM source and No 2. or just rename it to WAS Source No 2. The scripts key off the "Source No" in the layout name, so having them ignore the layout is the easiest thing. We talk about this a bit here:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ndar.Speed

Let me know if that helps,
-Jason

Return to SeedCode Calendar