Clicking in the Calendar Event

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:17 pm
When I click in the calendar event, the objective is to navigate to the Event Details/List view to view the record in form view. I am however, using my own Events table - but clicking on this runs the "Click in / Drag Event" script, and opens and endless loop of windows. What is the best fix for this where I only get (1) window instead of 1 million windows?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:17 pm
Hi Robert,

It sounds like the script: Display Found Set in Separate Windows might be the culprit. This is done to show all the events that overlap from the launched cell in different windows. We are relying on the numbers appended to these windows to know when to terminate the loop, and I have seen the issue you're experiencing when the event detail windows were getting renamed (by a script trigger) and since the appended number was getting cleared the loop didn't know when to end.

Other than that, it's hard to tell. If you don't think it's the above, then comparing this part of the routine to the stock copy is the best way to see what the variable is.

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:32 pm
Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply. In my case, I am using my own events table, because we cannot permit creation of new events in the event details layout, and that's because in my case our contacts are linked to the events first - in a separate action. However, as I am studying this now, this does make for a great unclose view on the event data, since the calendar doesn't show all of the data content. I can permit the find operation but still disallow creation of the events. I have not added in the event details layout. My understanding is that I will need to move out the entire SeedCode script folder, save it, add in the event details layout, and re-import the scripts back in. This would eliminate the issue then. Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:47 pm
Hi Robert,

I think I'm with you. The layout we use for display should be defined from the text on the corresponding "Source No" layout and isn't being hardcoded in the scripts here, so you may just need to define it there rather than bring our layout in:

Screen Shot 2012-03-12 at 3.42.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-03-12 at 3.42.51 PM.png (96.06 KiB) Viewed 3268 times

Screen Shot 2012-03-12 at 3.44.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-03-12 at 3.44.10 PM.png (64.65 KiB) Viewed 3268 times

let me know if that helps!
Jason

Return to SeedCode Calendar