Simplifying Month View

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 am
I apologize for the post since I expect that my question is probably farily common. After a couple of hours searching the forums, I have yet to stumble across the answer or have simply not thought of the right search terms to surface the information. We are using the SeedCode Pro calendar to graphically display the cadence of multiple concurrent multi-day events. Understandably, repetition of the event summaries for each day of several multi-day events creates a farily "dense" appearance, especially when in month view. Is there a way to maintain function (i.e. click to open details, maintain correct fill color for the duration of the event, etc.) for an event while only displaying the event title (in the calendar monthly/weekly views) exclusively on the start date and not on the second, third, etc. of a multi-day event? It occured to us to conditionally format text to match the fill color or white (if viewing an event via the default) but we are having a heck of a time getting this to work. Any guidance on how best to achieve our objective would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks in advance.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:10 pm
Hi David,

Right, Not sure there is anything on this already...or I don't remember anyway 8)

Probably better to attack this at the field level rather than conditional formatting. If you only want to see the first date, then you can add a clause to only show the summary if the event id of the current cell isn't equal to the one right before. If I put that in I get this, which is what I think you're after:

1stDateOnly.png
1stDateOnly.png (101.42 KiB) Viewed 3131 times

To do this I adjusted the calculation for the field CalendarRows::CalendarContentReptCalc

to this, so it checks if the event id (UID) is not equal to the one to the left, if it isn't, then go ahead and show it. Might need some refinement, but pretty close:

If (

CalendarUIDReptCalc[ Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) ] ≠
CalendarUIDReptCalc[ Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) - 1 ]

;
Let ( [
$row = Extend ( RowNumber ) ;
$column = Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )
];

Substitute (
GetValue ( Substitute ( GetValue ( $$sc_ArrayContent ; $row ) ; "|" ; "¶" ) ; $column )
; "\n" ; "¶"
)
)
)

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:11 pm
Works great! Thanks a million to you and John for your incredibly effective assistance. I'll personally recommend SeedCode.com products any day. Best customer service available!

Return to SeedCode Calendar