Month/Grid View Stuck at Loading

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:43 am
Accessing our calendar's "Month" view gets stuck in a perpetual loading state. I can cancel the loading but doing so keeps the events from being displayed. This error also seems to be occurring in "Grid" view. "Day" and "Week" view work wonderfully as the events automatically populate.

Perhaps what's most confusing about this error is that, to my knowledge, no work on the calendar was being done. The calendar was purring like a kitten and then, for whatever reason, it got hung up on itself.

Any ideas where I might start looking for solutions?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:57 am
Hi Alex, If the day and week views work, I imagine it is because there is an event showing in the month (and the two week grid) that isn't showing in the day and week. You could confirm this by scrolling the week back and forth along the month until it exhibits the same behavior.

Trouble is, I can't really think of what might be in one of the date records to cause this. If you can find the week and then the day that causes this, perhaps you can find the record then in the event list.

Let us know,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:33 am
Hi,

I would check for an event with an end date and no start date, or an event where the end date is before the end date. Same things with times.

Events like this can throw off the routine we use for locating the events for the current view, i.e. find too many, and that's what's bogging it down.

Let me know if that helps!

-Jason
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:07 am
John and Jason,

I found that events were displaying, but not in certain months. Going through the EventList, I found that there was an event with an End Date and no Start Date. Once I set a Start Date, all the kinks were flattened out. Events are back in month view for all months. Yay!

Thanks again for the swift response. You guy really know your stuff!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:15 am
Hi Alex,

Great! Thanks for the follow up and the kind words.

btw, do you remember what that End Date was? I'd like to show somebody else this. No worries if you don't.

Thanks and Cheers!
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:35 am
If I remember correctly, it was May 29, 2012. It was blocking out events in both May and June.

I was able to reproduce this bug on other dates, such as an event that ended on June 6. My guess is that it has something to do with the fact that a June 6 event is displayed on the bottom carry over dates on a May "Month" view. The same would be for a May 29 event as it would appear on the top end of a June "Month" view.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:43 am
Great!

Thanks Alex!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:21 pm
That is great. I had the same problem, had to search throug hundreds of records to find the right one, but I had one event with no start date....problem solved...

Return to SeedCode Calendar