Value List Display

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:35 am
Hey everyone,

For a little background i've built a FM database in order to manage and track deliveries to my various customers. I've downloaded the free seedcode calendar in order to test the functionality and see if it can further streamline this process. The problem im running into is that because my "events" table is linked to my customers table through a value list the calendar displays the customer primary ID instead of the customer name. Is this simply a limitation to the free version or am i just missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:59 am
Hello,

I think I'm following you. You can specify an additional field to display in the value list set-up. We do this in our Pro Calendar for linking Contacts to Events.

The Value List Set Up looks like:

VL.png
VL.png (107.61 KiB) Viewed 3572 times

Where the value will be the ID, but the display will be the name. In the event this looks like the following two shots:

DropDown.png
DropDown.png (74.75 KiB) Viewed 3572 times

Result.png
Result.png (75.06 KiB) Viewed 3572 times

Please let me know if that helps!
-Jason
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:16 am
Hey Jason,

Ya i have my value list set to display the second field but instead the calendar just displays the first. However, because i'm using the free version I think you inadvertently answered my question right here...

JasonYoung wrote: We do this in our Pro Calendar for linking Contacts to Events.

cheers
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:25 am
If you've selected the value from a drop down then once you've done it, then it just shows the first field. The Name we're showing in the third frame is from the related record itself.

Another option is to use a pop-up menu rather than drop-down. That always displays just the "display"fields and doesn't require the related field.

hth!
Jason

Return to SeedCode Calendar