Multiple Schedulers

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:51 am
I know there is the ability to have 20 columns for multiple resources but my solution (and clients)would prefer a static 5-7 column setup. With that being said we have clients with multiple offices who would like their own Scheduler separate from the others. While this doesn't seem difficult, it would prove disastrous with the reports we have written based on events.

Is it possible to have separate schedulers (Scheduler.fp7, Scheduler2.fp7, etc) that all share a common data (Sample Events) file? Would renaming the file (numerating them) cause any scripts to break?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 am
Hi Drew,

Hope all is well.

Right, we actually handle this, by breaking the Resources Value List into smaller sub-sets and then dynamically loading them as needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORLOnqfsgLA

Pretty sure this is what you're after, but please let me know.

Cheers!
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:59 am
jason, this looks like it may work, However i do see a couple problems, 1 which is mine to figure out and the other is the addition of the LOAD Resource Script that you add to the Refresh Calendar { UseExistingData ; DontRefresh } script. It breaks your resource filtering section. No matter what resource you include or omit it will always reload the entire list when the script calls for refresh. Also changing the resource from a drop down will not change the Listed Resource in the Filter_Glob3 field, it always pulls from one value list. need to figure out how to make that update depending on what resource list you choose.

Thanks again for the help this is proving to be what we needed.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:32 am
Hi Steve,

Right, in that case I think you'll want to use "Load Filtered Resources" rather than "Load Resources" that should constrain the list right at the start, which is what you want here.

Let me know if that gets you closer.
-Jason
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:28 am
Jason,
That did the trick thank you. I now have a ValueList drop down that grows or shrinks depending on what Resource list people are assigned to. However I am stumped and was wondering if you can provide some insight.

Under Filter>Resources (and we use this layout for our print function) That Glob_Filter3 field still pulls from the Resource value list (which in this case is ALL names). Is there a way to have that drop down value switch depending on what you have selected in the ValueList field ? I had tried creating another valuelist and pull the value form the CalendarInterface:ValueList field but since it is a global it errors on me. Any thoughts?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:54 am
Hi Drew,

Right, the simplest approach would be to set up a small hidden tab panel control that toggled to the right one depending on what you selected using "Go To Object."

The other option would be to make the value list based on related values, so it could dynamically change based on a relationship. You can use a global field in a relationship on the "right" side so you could change the global in interface, thus changing the related values and the value list on which they're based. The advantage here is there's just one Value List, but tricky to do.

hth,
Jason

Return to SeedCode Calendar