Problem with Filtering Global 5 in Calendar

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:59 pm
Hi John and Jason

For unknown reasons we suddenly have problems with the filtering of the Global 5 field. We use global 5 for staff names. It doesn't work anymore.

I have attached three screen shots showing no filter and a staff filter for Ryan and one for Blake, nothing changed when I used the different names. It should show only around half of the appointments for each staff.

Please could you point me in the right direction what script and script steps I need to look at? Its driving me nuts not being able to identify the problem.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards

Regine

PS: I am unable to attach a file, neither docx nor PDF allowed and my screenshot is to "heavy". I will email separete
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:02 am
Hi Regine,

Hope all is well. I did get your screen shots, but it's hard to tell from there.

The script we use here is "Apply Filters To Found Set" where it loops through the filters you have set up in find mode to constrain what was already found by date range. When it loops to the 5th filter it should be setting the specified field ($$sc_FilterField5) with the appropriate value ($$sc_FilterCriteria[5])

I'd be happy to take a peek at your file if you'd like. If so, shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and we'll get it set up.

Thanks!
-Jason
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:16 am
Hi Jason

I have added a message to show me what the values of all the variables are and it seems it is not setting the value for FilterField and also not for FilterCriteria. I have attached a screen shot of my script and the message. The message comes up only once when I try to filter by staff.

It seems that something is wrong in the highlighted line.

Does this help you identifying the problem?

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards
Attachments
Script and message.png
Script and message.png (179.49 KiB) Viewed 4299 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:30 am
Hi Regine,

Right, it look alike there's no field or criteria being set for that iteration, but I can't tell why from here.

The things to check are that you have the filter filed and number specified correctly in the:

Load Calendar Settings - On Startup --- Edit Configuration Here ---

script and that you have the OnObjectSave script trigger on the filter field set to Filter Calendar ( Number ) with a parameter of 5.

Other than that I'll need to take a peek at the file, which I'm happy to do.

Let me know,
-Jason
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:30 pm
Hi Jason

I got it! It was wrongly set in the "Load Settings - on Startup" script. I did make a change to this some time ago and didn't realize, that it will affect the filters in the calendar.

Thanks a lot of pointing me in the right direction.

Kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:57 am
Great! Thanks for the follow up!!

Return to SeedCode Calendar