Pre-purchase question

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:00 am
Hello there,

we are about to purchase this calendar solution, to integrate it in our office application.

We need essentially a resources schedule management, and I began to consider developing it myself, but I simply haven't time enough to acomplish such a task, having numerous other projects on this app.

Your product seems very complete and flexible, so I think we'll go for it.

Still, I'd like to know if it will be possible to adapt the "grid" and "gantt" views to split each "cell" in order to show am/pm occupation (instead of just whole day). This visibility is indeed very important to us.
(there should not be any major technical issue for us, Filemaker-wise)

Here's a screenshot of what I began to develop in our app, to explain the kind of display I'm looking for.
(it's not important if the splitting of a cell is horizontal or vertical)
Without further and deeper thinking, the 'am/pm treshold' could just be comparing begin time with 12:30...

Any hint/comment appreciated.

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:09 pm
Hi Lem,

Thanks for the message and the screen shot. Not really "out of the box." The grid view can be set to an hourly scale:

Grid.png
Grid.png (59.08 KiB) Viewed 3929 times

but the Gantt's smallest scale is at the day level:

Gantt.png
Gantt.png (131.61 KiB) Viewed 3929 times

Changing those views could be doable, but that code is pretty "deep" so it would a be pretty significant mod.

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:40 pm
Hi Jason, and thanks for your quick answer.

Well, I think we'll still try to do it... ;)

Anyway, our current "historical" solution itself (a pretty slick but now-a-bit-out-to-date-and-not-really-multi-user excel file) doesn't go further than this "day resolution".

So we'll immediately gain from all the other improvements it'll bring, and I'll try to figure out how to achieve this last adaptation.

Just another quick question : are there any localized versions ? (french, in my case)
Just to know if I have to plan that extra time in my integration process.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:55 am
Great! Please let us know how it's going, and we'd love to get screen shots, etc.

We don't have any stock versions other than English, although we do have a partner in Japan that does a Japanese version.

Cloning the file will get you a good ways there, and we have some tips on other things to look for here:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ranslation

Let me know if that helps or if you have any other questions.
Cheers and have a great Weekend!
-Jason

Return to SeedCode Calendar