Fields in Detail View uneditable

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:35 am
Hello,

I am an intermediate user and re-visiting filemaker after several years away and I am also new to the seedcode calendar.

I have integrated the calendar into our projects database and am using it to keep track of past projects as well as enter new projects and track their progress.

Everything was working fine until I made a few small changes and now I cannot enter any information into a new record in detail view when I shift-click or when create a new record by clicking the "+." I even un-did the changes I made and still no dice. Any ideas as to why? Thanks in advance.

Also, the new records are being created, and I can edit current information, I just cant enter new information into the detail view
-BW
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:55 am
Hi BW,

Hope all's well. Pretty hard to tell without more info. Ideally, you'd roll back to a back-up that was working correctly, but sounds like that may not be an option.

Is the Window opening, you just can't enter data in? Are you getting any error messages? What happens when you try to enter data?

If you have FileMaker Advanced you can use the debugger to compare what happens in your file to what happens in the stock copy, without starting the integration over, that's really the only to chase down what happened.

Let me know if any of those things get you closer. If not, I can take a quick look at your file and see if I can tell what's going on from here. Contact me at [email protected] and we can set that up.

Thanks,
Jason
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:22 am
Thanks Jason,

Problem solved. It was a field specs error on my part.

Next question: Is it possible to create keyboard shortcuts for navigating from one layout view to another?

Thanks again,

-BW
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:32 am
Great!

Yes, you should be able to put something like this together with a layout based OnLayoutKeystroke trigger something like this:

Trigger.png
Trigger.png (71.96 KiB) Viewed 8164 times

probably need to experiment with that a bit, but that should get you started.

Let me know if that helps,
-Jason

Return to SeedCode Calendar