Database freezes - FM12

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:59 am
I'm running SeedCode from FM12 Server and using FMPro Adv 12v.0.2. I have an issue where I will add / edit an event but then when I close the event the database becomes unresponsive. I get the "bonk" sound whenever I try to click in the program. It's like there is a script paused or a dialog box that I need to click on. However, that doesn't appear to be the case. The only way to resolve the issue is to Force Quit FM12 and restart.

I only see this issue when working in SeedCode. Other databases operate normally. Any suggestions as to what might be causing the issue?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:54 am
Hey Patrick,

Hope all's well. Haven't run into that issue. If you have Advanced, checking the debugger might tell if there's a script that got paused somehow. If not I can take a look at your file(s) here to see if I can reproduce troubleshoot the issue.

Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and we can set that up if needed.

Cheers!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:30 am
I've been able to narrow down the problem a bit. I don't have a consistent way to reproduce the error but this is what I've found.

The problem script appears to be: Draw New Off-Screen Window - Main.

It throws a 112 error in script debugger. Once it errors even if you quit the script you can't navigate anywhere in the solution until you ForceQuit and relaunch FileMaker.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:40 am
Patrick,

We're seeing the same thing reported in other forums, with other files, and as you suggest, it doesn't appear to be easily reproducible. I think we're waiting for something from FileMaker to definitively fix this.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar