Gantt rows - reversal?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:15 am
on the Gantt

the requirement is for the collapsed view to show the second row of the expanded view only

In other words after open all, the first dark grey row of each row pair is to be deleted, so that only the conditionally coloured ( on status) lower row of each row pair shows

How?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:46 am
Hi,

I'm not quite following you here. Are you talking about the line for phases? as the hierarchy here is Projects > Phases > Events.

If not, can you give us some more details, maybe with screen shots? We've also got the ability to make a movie for us here:

http://www.seedcode.com/cp-app/support/1

Thanks!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:22 pm
Hi, thanks for responding

the requirement is one row per project only. as per the collapsed all state, but with the rows:
- colour coded for the quote status
- with customised text ( quote title and quote No
- sorted by the quote status: begun (blue), waiting (green)
have the colour, text and sort happening , but can't get rid of the grey row

So in the attached pic, hide the grey rows, and only show the blue and green rows.
Attachments
gantt.png
gantt.png (48.18 KiB) Viewed 14271 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:36 am
Hi,

I can't see what's going on with the arrows to the left of this screen-shot, so am still not sure I'm following you.

The grey bar represents the whole length of the project defined by the related events so if you get rid of that, then you won't be able to expand and collapse the events by project. Also the events below will only show their duration rather than the length of the project.

I think an easier approach might be to keep the Project line, but try to change it's color and content. We "draw" that line in the script Load Records into Gantt Chart. The lines that draw the color and content could be altered here to get the results you're after, i.e. "Color" and "Content."

You could also experiment with just disabling the whole block so the project line doesn't get drawn, but again then there won't be a way to collapse it.

Gantt.png
Gantt.png (221.21 KiB) Viewed 14266 times

I hope that helps, and let us know if I'm still not following you.

Cheers!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 pm
A project in the use to which this is put, only has one event, that is a job spanning a few days. The row needs to show the status by via the colour, and the quote (bid) number. So there is only one related event.

I'll look at twisting the project line
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:03 pm
Sounds good. You might also checkout the Grid view.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:53 am
in the end , for reasons totally arcane, the sort by date button returns the required display
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-07-31 at 11.19.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-07-31 at 11.19.51 PM.png (43.85 KiB) Viewed 14259 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:59 am
Of course! Can't believe we didn't think of that... sorting by date omits the project / phase hierarchy and just shows events. Congrats.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar