Printing problem

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:24 am
Hi, i'm trying to use the print feature in the calendar layout but it always switch to the day view; there is no way to print the week or month tab? how can i fix it?

Also, it could be useful to have a full view for each entry in day mode, so each event displays all the data, how can i change this?

regards,
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:50 am
Excellent catch on the printing! While I love our OnTabSwitch script triggers, they were getting the better of us here. To fix this, please add the lines in blue (below) to the script "Switch Calendar Tab".

When it comes to seeing all the info for an event, you're better of printing a list of events instead of one of the calendar's views, we just don't have enough space to display all the text for an event. You may want to duplicate the event list layout and make the body taller (turning sliding on) so you have bigger possible area to print.

Hope that helps,

John
Attachments
scriptchange.png
scriptchange.png (46.17 KiB) Viewed 9718 times
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:26 pm
Fixed!! Many thanks John!

Some other questions related:

1 - How can i hide the header section during printing?
2 - How can i add other fields into the calendar day view (during printing only) and expand the height for each entry row?

regards,
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 pm
I think that i've found another problem. When in Event List layout mode if i use the print button it prints the same view than in calendar layout and not the event list itself.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:32 pm
1. You can hide things by selecting the object in layout mode then checking "Hide when printing" from the position tab of the inspector. You can't do this with the tab names, however. Those we usually cover with a white rectangle that only shows up when printing: your copy is missing that... to see how we did it (or to copy it) download a fresh copy of the free calendar and you'll find an invisible rectangle covering the whole width of the layout near the tab names on the "Calendar - no Side Menu" layout.

2. If you want to see more of each event when you print you'll need to print our Event List view instead of the Day, Week or Month views. List view is the only place where you can make the body part / description taller and then set them to "side up" on the position tab of the inspector. Again, you may want to do this to a duplicate of the list layout just for printing. That way you can change the field borders, etc to be just the way you want your print out to look.

2012-08-19_1630.png
2012-08-19_1630.png (230.58 KiB) Viewed 9717 times

Oh, and you'll want to pint this list manually, or modify the print scripts to use this layout when you're on it. And remember that the list view won't automatically "keep up" with the week and month views so you'll need to build the found set to be printed by hand, or write scripts to find just the events you want to print.

Hope that helps,
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar