Status color is black

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 pm
John, I hope you can help me out here. A client is experiencing a black status color when they add a new appointment that has a comma in the status name, (i.e Clean, dry).

I found the thread https://www.seedcode.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=2897
that talked about the changes you made and I added [",";""]; to both the Apply color Settings {Close, Dont Refresh} step script and to the z_sc_colorCalc. Sadly it still shows black on the calendar. However it does show the proper color when i select it on the Event detail window. Am I forgetting to do something?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 pm
Hi Drew,

You need to update the "Write One FileMaker Event in iCal Format" script to as below in step 2 from the post you referenced. Since your status is short, you should be able to just use the Code() trick below, but if you're using the custom function instead, than needs to be applied to both the:

Apply Color Settings { Close , Dont Refresh }

and

Write One FileMaker Event in iCal Format

From https://www.seedcode.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=2897
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Edit the script "Apply Color Settings { Close , Dont Refresh }" and find the Set Variable step in our loop. Wrap the color name in the Code function so it looks like this:

Evaluate ( "Let ( $$sc_Color" & Code( CalendarColors::Name ) &" = " & CalendarColors::ColorRBGValue & " ; \"\" )" )

2. Edit the script "Write One FileMaker Event in iCal Format" and find where we set the variable $scical_Status. Wrap that as well so it looks like this:Â Code ( GetField ( $$sc_FieldForStatus ) )

I think we'll add this in the next build, but I'm still testing it. Variable names can only be 100 characters long, so this could fail if you had status names over 45 characters long.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me know if that gets you there,
-Jason
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:06 am
Jason,

Thank you for the response. That did the trick. sadly I changed everything but forgot the final ["," ; ""]; in the Write One Filemaker Event in iCal Format script. i feel foolish for that. Again thank's for being there and helping out.
Last edited by DrewF on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:09 am
Great Drew,

Thanks for following up.

Have a great Weekend!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:45 pm
Cool!

Return to SeedCode Calendar