Enabling a third source grays out events from all sources

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:58 am
I just bought Calendar Pro for FileMaker 12 a couple of days ago, and have had good luck so far customizing it until today when I tried to have my own 3rd calendar source enabled alongside the two built-in sources.

SETUP: This is mostly a stand-along calendar. I kept 90% of the settings from Source 1 and Source 2, just renaming a few things, and pointing Source 1 to a separate database for Contacts. Source 1 "Master Schedule" and Source 2 "To-Do List" work with no discernible issues.
1 Source 1 and 2 enabled and working.PNG
1 Source 1 and 2 enabled and working.PNG (149.37 KiB) Viewed 2916 times

PROBLEM: I created a new Source 3 "Tech Schedule", which points to a new table that is almost an exact replica of the original Events table. Having ONLY Source 3 enabled, and creating new events to it works OK, though I just realized that summary fields in the calendar for Source 3 events are not showing even though it shows up properly in Source No 3's event summary calc field.
2 Source 3 enabled, no summary displayed.PNG
2 Source 3 enabled, no summary displayed.PNG (138.85 KiB) Viewed 2916 times

So this might be an indicator of the main problem at large, which is: Enabling Source 3 when either Source 1 and/or Source 2 is also enabled grays out and disables events from ALL sources; these greyed out sources are unresponsive when clicked on.
3 Source 3 enabled with other sources disables all events, and no events are clickable.PNG
3 Source 3 enabled with other sources disables all events, and no events are clickable.PNG (142.78 KiB) Viewed 2916 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:13 am
Hmmm? Not sure. can you contact me at [email protected]. I'd like to get a copy of the file to look.
-Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:37 pm
Thanks for sending the file Aaron!

The zscEventSummaryCalc field in the third source was set to return as a number and needs to return as text. Once we switched it to text then all was well.

This has to do with using SQL and using the UNION statement to combine sources. We account for fields that can be both number or text like the id, but we're always expecting Text for the summary, so the part of the query that brings in the summary and the status for colors was failing since the field types didn't match.

Cheers!

Return to SeedCode Calendar