Quick Integration - Adding Contacts

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:55 am
Hi,
I have just completed the 'Quick Integration' method, copying the 'SampleEvents' table to my existing database file and linking to it in the relationships graph.

In the 'EventsDetails' layout, I'm using the 'Summary' field for the company name but have been typing each one in manually. I would prefer to either have a drop-down list where I can choose the relevant company from my existing file or, if I'm working in my existing file and I create a 'New' record then the 'Summary' field would be populated automatically.

I'm not very good at thinking through relationships, would I change the 'SampleContacts' data source to my existing customer table?

Is there anything else I would need to do?

Thanks
Brian.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 am
Hi Brian,

Right, you can use our stock file as a model for this. Our SampleEvents table does have a id_contact field which can be used as the key for relating the events to Contacts. We have a value list on this field as a drop-down which allows you to select the company you'd like to be related to the event. If you don't have a value list for contacts in your file already, creating a new one similar to the Contacts one in the stock calendar file is not complicated.

Once you've selected the id_Contact with the drop-down then the relationship is established and you can use any data in the contact table. Probably the easiest thing to do would be to set your summary field as an auto-enter calculated value that references the company name like this (only using your contacts table):

Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 10.19.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-11-05 at 10.19.02 AM.png (123.39 KiB) Viewed 2499 times

This will fill in the value for summary with the company name as soon as the relationship is established.

Let me know if that helps.

Return to SeedCode Calendar