Calendar upgrades

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:25 pm
What if I did the integration of Calendar into my FM database, and then the next version came out.

Seems like that would be kind of painful to redo the integration each time there is an update.

How easy can that be made?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:50 pm
Good question. =)

Once you start modifying the files, there is no great way to take advantage of a major new version. Minor new versions--like bug fixes--we deliver as instructions, so you can make the changes in your copy. But you're right about big new versions: sometimes it will make sense to reintegrate, if the features are really compelling and you haven't made a ton of mods. But then modding it is part of the point of using something unlocked.

I find that reintegrating is actually a pretty good thing as you get to clean out the ideas that didn't pan out, and shore up the ones that did.

This (older) post isn't *directly* on topic, but your question makes me think of this: starting over.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:32 pm
Yes, as you point out in a grand manner, I am in the midst of great change and probably will be better served if I just start over and build the links for the Calendar into my database as I rebuild it. Thought provoking. Thanks!

Return to SeedCode Calendar