How Do I Display All Day Events?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:02 am
I'd like to display date sensitive notes. The All day section of the portal would be perfect. It fits my intentions, which is for reception staff to say "So and So is away from date x to date y" and for that to appear at the top of the portal for each of those days. However, I want to display all day notes differently to the way that I display other events.

I have set up the calendar to display columns of data from various fields in the events table by placing those fields into the portal row.

For the all day events I simply want the summary field to display.

I can see that I can use the z_AlternateSummaryCalc to produce alternate results but it doesn't produce clean columns, nor does it allow data entry.

I would be happy to break all day events into a separate portal and place it into the area used by "Your Logo Here". Is that possible?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:37 pm
Hi Malcolm,

I do have a trick for this. 8)

You can specify the starting row number and number of rows for a portal, so if you specify that all day events should take 7 rows, then you could have one portal that starts with row one and has 7 total. You could then have one below it that starts with row 9 for the timed events below it. The number of all day events is specified in the

Load Calendar Settings - On Startup --- Edit Configuration Here ---

Script.

You could also move the one just for Day events up to the upper left, but what's going to show there depends on which tab is selected, so if you're on the month tab, you'll get some strange results there...although maybe you could use Conditional Formatting so they only display when Day is the current tab and be blank otherwise. There's really no way to show Month and Day data at the same time as they use the same global variable array.

Make sure you have a good back-up to revert to when making these kind of layout changes as they can be somewhat unforgiving.

hth,
-Jason
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:45 pm
Very Good.

You know that one day there will be more notes than the number that is set. How does the calendar manage that eventuality? Does it ignore them or does it alert the user? It would seem simple enough to test the number and display a warning when there are hidden all day events.

Return to SeedCode Calendar