DEMO Calendar FM11 Problem

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:34 am
I'm operating on a Mac with Snow Leopard (latest upgrade.)

I unzipped the Calendar Demo and ran the FM11 version. Everything worked as expected until I went to the "Day" layout and clicked on various events that I created.

The windows for these events opened, but they opened behind the main window and were not editable windows. I couldn't even close them with the Mac close button until I closed the main window. Even the October previously entered events displayed this way.

I remember that I created an "All Day" event for a day that had an event at 8:00AM. Then I edited that "All Day" event, and put in a time. This moved it "on top" of the original 8:00AM event.

Next I clicked on the event(s) at 8:00AM. BOTH event windows opened up at the same time. That was interesting to get both events to edit side-by-side.

So, I edited the original event by taking out the time. It moved to the "All Day" part of the display.

To the best of my remembrance, that is when the above behavior started.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:22 pm
Hmmm.

Not sure. It sounds like the main window might have gotten stuck in a paused state somehow. Is it still happening? If so, are you seeing a "Continue" button in the upper right of the screen below the tool bar?

pnlawrence wrote:Next I clicked on the event(s) at 8:00AM. BOTH event windows opened up at the same time. That was interesting to get both events to edit side-by-side.

Right, this is by design. When you click into a cell with overlapping events, all the events will come up in there own windows.

hth,
Jason
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:31 pm
I couldn't duplicate the behavior, but it did happen before. I just didn't pay attention to it.

I'll bring more here if I find anything.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:40 am
Thanks, please let us know.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:32 am
Ok, I've been able to duplicate the activity that shows the behavior. I've also done this in the "Complete" DEMO.

Open the calendar. Go to Month. Enter a date. (I changed from 2012 to 2010 looking for events.)

Scan the months until you find events. (Mine showed up in August 2012.)

Click on an event. (I clicked on a pink repeating event.)

The small event window opens in the background with every click on the event.

Close all windows one by one.

Restart the calendar.

Note the blank small event window that opens first.

That's it.

EDIT: I can only make this happen by going back 2 years.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:38 am
Yep, definitely happens at 2 years back, but one could tag this as an obscure fault.

I also suppose one can say, "Well, don't do that!"
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 am
Hmmm. Not sure you want to (or need to) run this down, but does that small window stay there forever or only show up for a second before the calendar draws as usual? If it's only there for a second (and the file isn't hosted) it could just be opening to the last window size. (This wouldn't happen hosted unless that was how you last closed the file before hosting it.)
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:37 am
Only a local file.

As many times as you click the event on the calendar, it will open a small window "behind" the main calendar window. You have to close the main calendar window and each of the small windows before starting over.

I'm surprised that you can't duplicate it the way I did. (Although you didn't say that.) I've done it with the FREE calendar and the DEMO calendar. Perhaps its something unique to my iMac?

I'm only hanging on to this as long as you are. Its probably one of those known bugs that will go away in a future version. I don't have FM12 yet, so maybe its already gone in the FM12 version.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 am
So are you changing the name of your solution's window or leaving it just as the file name?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:29 am
"DEMO" "FM11"

Return to SeedCode Calendar