Event Window Behaviour - Jump to my Event

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:18 am
Hi guys,
I added 4 additional sources to my calendar and my event detail windows (the mini window which pops when clicking on a calendar event) have a button that performs the script "Jump to my Event" integrated as suggested in your instructions (everything works properly).

In the current situation I have: Window1 = calendar; Window2=calendar event mini window.
When I click on "jump to my Event" Window1 closes and Window2 shows my event in my layout.

I know this is working as intended and I bet there's a good reason to that, but I was wondering if it'd be possible to jump to my event using Window1, thus having Window 2 still open (displaying event mini window) so that I can browse my layout and having the event mini window open.
Is this possible? What are downsides?
Thanks a lot!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:55 am
Hi,

Thanks for posting this. Our stock behavior would actually be that window 2 (the mini window) closes and the related record would be displayed in window 1, so I want to confirm the behavior you're seeing.

Our thinking for closing the mini window is that since you're leaving the calendar layout on window 1, the event window may seem out of context. There's not really any downside to leaving the window open as we're committing the record at the beginning of the "Jump" script to prevent any potential Record Locking.

If you want to keep the window open, it should just be a matter of disabling the script steps like we have here:

Jump.png
Jump.png (148.3 KiB) Viewed 8633 times

Let me know if that helps.
-Jason
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:18 am
Thanks a lot Jason, I'll update my calendar with this behaviour!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:45 am
Great, let us know how it goes!

Return to SeedCode Calendar