Calendar sources

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:00 am
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the calendar based on what I'm seeing in the DEMO and determine if this would be appropriate for my application.

My database keeps track of PERSONS with EVENTS that are provided to or that happen to those PERSONS by PROVIDERS.

The PERSONS can have multiple PROVIDERS and the PROVIDERS can have multiple PERSONS.

Overlapping is common so my current EVENTS table links both PROVIDER ID and PERSONS ID for each event.

How do you think that "Projects", "Sources" and "Contacts" etc. from your calendar would work (in a general way) with my PERSONS, PROVIDERS and EVENTS? I was thinking that I would be able to use "Sources" for PROVIDERS, but it seems that "Sources" is a fixed value list. My PERSONS and PROVIDERS are relatively dynamic and user adjustable.

I just need a kickstart before spending the time delving into the source code of your calendar.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:12 am
Right: I don't think "resources" lines up with either entity. While it might be tempting to map "projects" to providers, I'd reserve that for the future in case you want to link events together under something larger (like a job or a project). Rather, I'd plan on taking the relationship we have between events and contacts, and duplicating that to create a new relationship between events and providers.

This way an event can be linked to both just as it is in your solution now. And the only thing you miss by not using one of our existing fields is that there won't already be a filter for "provider", but you can follow these instructions to create a new filter in the purchased version: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=SeedCodeCalendar12.Filters

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar