Sources

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:07 am
I am not using the Gant but I am using the sources.

However now sources are not showing in the filter.

Is there a way to show this filter in spite of not using the Gant on the calendar Pro version?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:05 pm
Yes Don: the sources don't need or require the gantt chart. If your sources aren't showing up it could be that you haven't described them in the script "Load Source Settings at Startup --- Describe Your Sources Here ---" or that your new source layouts aren't named exactly like "Source No 2"

How many sources are you using?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:24 am
Yes - thank you, I got the resources to show.

I am using 6 resources - i would like to widen the columns and use the scroll bar to show three resources on the second screen.

Any tricks I need to know to do this.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:20 pm
Don,
I am not quite clear on what you would like the end result to be. From what I can gather you want to display 6 resources total, but have those split so 3 display on one monitor and you would stretch the calendar window to a second monitor where the other 3 would display. Is that correct?

I would suggest any changes that you make like that be made to a copy of your file so you can revert back easily if you make a mistake. For something to scroll horizontally the layout has to be bigger than what will fit in the window. If you are spanning 2 monitors that would be a very large layout for it to scroll. Why not just leave the columns as is and stretch it, they will grow to fill the space. Am I misunderstanding?

-Tanner
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:30 am
No, I am not going to a second monitor. I want to stretch the current columns enough that it would force the button next resources and previous resources on the schedule layout to flip between either the first three or the second three. I'm also interested in showing a week at a time for each resource.

I continually mess up these calendar layouts and have to start over several times untill I get the result I want. I'm just asking for tips and or tricks in widening these columns in order to force the effect I want.

Perhaps it is easier than I think to do this but then I thought other things would be easy to do as well.
So, I am just asking for some advance advice and caveats to watch out for.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:50 pm
It can be tricky when editing the calendar layouts. The biggest tip I can give here is to practice on a copy of the file first as the stacking order sometimes can get screwed up when doing the resizing. They are all just repeating fields so you would take it down to 3 repetitions and then resize. When you make the changes to your file make sure you have a current backup as it is much easier to just start over fresh than try and fix a messed up layout.

Return to SeedCode Calendar