Format Event Summary

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:22 am
I could be doing something wrong, but the Format Event Summary doesn't seem to be working in your source program for FMP12 Calendar. Nor is it working in my application. Regardless of the format styling I apply, it still displays as plain text.

Thanks,
Will
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:47 am
Hi Will,

I did a simple, although somewhat brute force test and it is working. If I apply bold to the whole summary like this:

SS.png
SS.png (134.57 KiB) Viewed 23187 times

Then I see this in the month view:

Month.png
Month.png (54.5 KiB) Viewed 23187 times

So, it works on principle, might be a parsing issue and make sure you're in the block with the proper mode specified.

Let me know if that helps!
-Jason
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:20 pm
Hi Jason,
I can repeat what you are showing in your post, but I was hoping to get the first line in the Day view to appear as bold.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:15 pm
Try setting the variable $$sc_FormattedEvent a second time at the end of the script "Format Event Time --- Edit Time Formats for Events Here ---" to something like:

Code: Select all
TextStyleAdd ( GetValue ( $$sc_FormattedEvent ; 1 ) ; Bold )  & ¶ &
MiddleValues ( $$sc_FormattedEvent ; 2 ; 99 )

Fiddle around with this, or Jason's original suggestion, and I'm sure you can get what you're looking for.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:04 pm
Hi Guys,

I would like to achieve to have the Event Summary in Bold and all other parts that show in the calendar stay as is.
IE my calendar display for one event shows:
Finance | Regine Endres | Vivente | Lot 1 Hanbury Loop, Success

Now I want only the word Finance in Bold. The content is from the field Summary from the Events table.

I played around with adding the TextStyleAdd in various places, but nothing happens at all. I replicated the script amendments, but again, nothing.

I am not sure if it is related to the fact that none of my events have a time applied, just a date.

I am on SeedCode Complete. The calendar is quite full and it is hard to read when everything is the same. I was hoping to have the summary bold, so it sticks out a bit more and I can faster decide what I need to work on first.

Thanks

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:22 pm
Hey there, Regine.

Are you using the old calendar the forum is based on or the new DayBack calendar? If it's the old one, then TextColorAdd() works as described here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... FontColors If that's not working, send us an email at support at seedcode.com and we'll get in touch about taking a look at your file.

If you're using the new DayBack calendar, you'll manipulate font colors and such in CSS as described here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ventStyles

It's pretty cool =)

Sincerely yours,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:26 pm
Hi John,

Thanks for the tip, we are on the latest version of Dayback so I will give the CSS a try.

Sorry I didn't even realize that the original post was actually quite old!

Kind regards

Regine

Return to SeedCode Calendar