Custom Text Color for "Summary" field of an Event

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:42 pm
First - I tried to search for "text color" on the Seedcode Forums, but regardless of what I try, it ignores the word "text" and just returns results for color. Even if I full-quote the phrase. :( What gives?

On to my actual SeedCode question -- :?:

I use a lot of colors on my events, and I want to start using more very dark colors. Problem with that is that beyond a certain lower brightness limit, black text on a dark color background is hard or impossible to read.

I want to make a calculation (or, if that's too complex, just a simple manual flag) that automatically shows the Summary field text in a light color (like white or light gray) when that text appears on a dark-colored background.

Screen shot 2012-12-21 at 1.43.19 PM.png
Example of where I'd like to make the Summary text white.
Screen shot 2012-12-21 at 1.43.19 PM.png (15.15 KiB) Viewed 6340 times

Maybe this has been addressed elsewhere in the forums but due to aformentioned search problem, I couldn't find any mention of it.

Thanks for your replies, and happy holidays.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:32 am
Hello,

Thanks for posting this. Right the search is legit, we haven't had this come up (surprisingly) that I could fine.

This is actually kind of tricky. The easiest place to do this would be in the script:

Format Event Summary --- Edit the Style of the Event Text Here ---

This is where we apply the formatting to the text of an individual event. You could read the global variable $$sc_Color as it will have the value assigned to the color in the settings pop-up, i.e. "Done", "Waiting", "Open" etc. for that event and then apply the color you'd like to the $$sc_Summary variable.

Hope that helps,
-Jason

Return to SeedCode Calendar