Everthing else okay.. except these little 8 issues

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:30 pm
I have now a good working functional Calendar
I think a workable situation finally... I just need to clean the looks and feel
Ver FM11Adv

Please....
1) In Gantt button at the very left side under Projects has Index missing and on right, a column Gannt missing index

2) When looking at List Events - you saw it didn't you? under column ID - it has a ugly Date crammed in there.. shouldn't it be the ID any hints

3) Default No Side bar,,, always have it be colaspe,
I like full view calendar but not max screen Where can I default that?

4) I assume when running 2 separate Filemaker apps, mine and yours - being just linked..
Question, Is the a way to put a button on my app to call Script GO TO MONTH? your script,
one button vs several clicks to opens Month calendar.. I have never called a external FM app b4

5) I want to modify the left side menu, where it say, Filter, Setting others.. default some issues or hide others to back . How temperamental is the 3 calendars on top... can I copy all and move out of way to get behind or another suggestion

6) How does the program handle blank incomplete events I noticed..
I have monitoring portal in my app show raw data all fields in events for my info
I have noticed that if I shift click add- then cancel X out I always have a incomplete.. must click small red x delete

7) I finally figure WITHOUT some other FM programmer, that knows nothing about SC, several of your reccommendation@@@

Now my $$kiss_anum var , was always working in Constaain Found Set, it was a map or filtering events problem

Probably not working because the new field I added, had the data in it okay, was used to pre filter events, limiting event clutter between my app accounts

i had created a new field for this by your suggestion, thought I had it mapped was why was not working guessing, my main problem!

My Fix, by just a changed it to the Summary field i know works

Now why? wonder it didn't work on new variable///
So guessing possible problems was with mapping

8) I get some kind of error clicking search button top right button, looks like a find situation... clicking the green arrow say " unfortunately this option not permitted in Find mode?

Thanks in advance... again..

Rod
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:10 pm
I have now a good working functional Calendar
I think a workable situation finally... I just need to clean the looks and feel
Ver FM11Adv

Excellent new Rod,

Please....
1) In Gantt button at the very left side under Projects has Index missing and on right, a column Gannt missing index

I think this is about just comparing these objects with the corresponding object in a clean copy of the calendar and "pointing" your objects at the relevant field names from your tables. There are some stacked objects here so take your time unstacking them and then moving them back into position.

2) When looking at List Events - you saw it didn't you? under column ID - it has a ugly Date crammed in there.. shouldn't it be the ID any hints

Again, it sounds like the fields on the event list haven't yet been pointed at the correct fields in your layout: enter layout mode, select each field and specify the correct field from your table.

3) Default No Side bar,,, always have it be colaspe,
I like full view calendar but not max screen Where can I default that?

Check out the script "Show Side Bar by Preference".

4) I assume when running 2 separate Filemaker apps, mine and yours - being just linked..
Question, Is the a way to put a button on my app to call Script GO TO MONTH? your script,
one button vs several clicks to opens Month calendar.. I have never called a external FM app b4

Sure. When you design your button and specify the script for it, the dialog allows you to specify which file to call the script in: select that and the select "Add..." to add a new data source. Then you'll be able to call scripts in the other file. I believe the FM11 version has a script "Go To Month". That's the one you want to call.

5) I want to modify the left side menu, where it say, Filter, Setting others.. default some issues or hide others to back . How temperamental is the 3 calendars on top... can I copy all and move out of way to get behind or another suggestion

Make a backup of your file first... Then, if you enter layout mode you'll see some orange text above "Filter, Settings, etc." Move that orange text out of the way and you'll reveal the *actual* tabs that control this section and can get to each of the tabs to modify them.

6) How does the program handle blank incomplete events I noticed..
I have monitoring portal in my app show raw data all fields in events for my info
I have noticed that if I shift click add- then cancel X out I always have a incomplete.. must click small red x delete

Not sure I'm following, but the red x will delete the event and that's the only way to cancel event creation.

Code: Select all
7) I finally figure WITHOUT some other FM programmer, that knows nothing about SC, several of your reccommendation@@@

Now my $$kiss_anum var , was always working in Constaain Found Set, it was a map or filtering events problem

Probably not working because the new field I added, had the data in it okay, was used to pre filter events, limiting event clutter between my app accounts

i had created a new field for this by your suggestion, thought I had it mapped was why was not working guessing, my main problem!

My Fix, by just a changed it to the Summary field i know works

Now why? wonder it didn't work on new variable///
So guessing possible problems was with mapping

Sounds like you got that working.

I get some kind of error clicking search button top right button, looks like a find situation... clicking the green arrow say " unfortunately this option not permitted in Find mode?

Yes, some of our scripts are designed not to work in Find mode.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm
Thanks for the hints,
I am working on several of your answers...

1 of..
SETTING that Default No Side bar,
i am having problem finding what you say
You suggest..
Check out the script "Show Side Bar by Preference". NO SUCH FIND THIS NAMED
Looked in """"Load Calendar Settings - On Startup --- Edit Configuration Here ---
I don't see anything mention regarding this side bar HIDE or SHOW option
I did find the Collapse side bar (action) Script
btw whats the (action) mean? just a note!

Where is this action parameter initiated?
looks like script that has the code... IF Hide or Show the sidebar

Thanks Rod
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:48 am
More from 'New Rod'..

Question continuing...about this Gannt button and error regarding INDEX MISSING..
and all my field suggest the are index

Personally I have followed your instructions pretty good
my 'source-1 setup looks perfect..'

When looking at the Source button for all the other tabs, day, week month year etc..
when I click Gannt its blank? if this is a clue

All i want is my darn version to work, following these source 1 instructions, as your demo does.

So looking below are the several fields, on of these is the problem index missing.. NO WHERE I SEE ANY SOURCE1 fields to fix this... and grinding through the code... HELP ME MORE please :)

In calendar row GANNT tab leftside...column.... regarding projects...
PROJECTS Well that's an extended process for whatever..

weeknumberdisplayCalc larger blue letters compared to other fields
datesofmonthDisplay larger blue letters compared to other fields
calendarDragrept small black text fields
calendarDragcalc
calendarBlankrept
calendarColorrept
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:30 am
more.... I think looking at the relationship of the projects, etc stuff.. is my problem

I the source-1 ...looking at tab Gantt,
I DO HAVE exactly the same field names as the sampleevent fields..
but looking at the relationship... my linked is obvious WRONG...
and expect all 3 files... contact, projects, phases not installed

Your demo demonstrates that works... but, and for me i would expect it to work too
and not have to dig in your code to debug this.. so the demo suggest..
I would think my version following your instructions should be the same...

I am missing instruction or more info on these projects, etc stuff.. installing

Just asking,.
Is there somewhere else i need to set in your code..

or just map my relationship to better fields?
And is there any doc i missed telling me this?
Attachments
ganttCapture.JPG
ganttCapture.JPG (99.15 KiB) Viewed 11729 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:06 pm
Hi Rod,

That last screen shot you have should probably relate the contact ID on the left side to the _id on the right side. But I am having a bit of a hard time following your descriptions so I can't say for sure.

And I do sympathize with having a hard time following the instructions: we've done our best with those and some people can get in their and follow them just fine. Other folks just need to take their time, read through them again, and they'll get things working.

For folks who need more help we certainly answer the phone, respond to emails, and do screen shares when we can... but we can not do this indefinitely and for free. Rod, given the fact that I a very hard time understanding your emails I suggested you try and fine a local developer to work with: if you don't have money to devote to getting some paid help I understand but that doesn't mean that *we* have to help you for free.

If you'd like to schedule additional screen sharing sessions with us please purchase an implementation package here: http://sites.fastspring.com/seedcode/pr ... onpackages
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:19 pm
Fixed the Day view Simlpe List... problems was... undesired Junk (( description event field) in the row .. causing 2 index missing somethings?

Yea, I like to have the description field on the long line... got room..
I have no idea how how it got there? The Description field from my event file got populated into both DAY views, (Hide Show full calendar and smaller view of DAY tab.. There was even a blank text box there I removed..

Still to do,,, got the Gantt tab to deal with missing table and index.. uggly stuff.. last of what supposed to work in demo install

Still can find a simple way to either have full large view layout to HIDE the darn side bard
I HAVE LOOKED AND LOOKED UNTIL I PAST OUT LAST NIGHT... Please

this deals with calling Callaspe Script that get a Parameter passe HIDE or SHOW... where is the switch for this....

PSSS please don't tell me to go find a FM programmer that's insulting to ME. (maybe i am not as abstract as you, but I get things done.. solve things on my own!@#$.. )

This is surely not bolt on application.. and personally if you want to make some mods.. and you have experience with arrays, or packed screens, its scary,,, I write simpler readable code... this stuff is packed... and looking back.. its working nice now, i am getting more of it, but... i suggest the integrate way... ( MY next step) due to you can't share existing app vars.. so, I am using my event file to pass global vars.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:53 pm
Gantt

Linking apparently broke the links to the project and phase.. contacts are still there.. looking at those 3 extra files in relationship to my event file, 4 first time,

Found I do not have a project list first column of gantt

Here's prob why,, bring the event file over.. the linking of, and myself populating the event from my application

I have removed all the events, zero the records more than once.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:25 pm
Regarding the sidebar, the easiest way to make the no-sidebar version the default is to call the scrip "Collapse Side Bar ( Action )" at the end of the Upon Opening script with the action "Hide" (see below). The calendar remembers this "preference".

Hope that helps.

script.png
script.png (47.58 KiB) Viewed 11705 times
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:42 pm
Month view

What causes the bleeding of next between rows? it was perfect then for no reason... it slipped overlapping looks uggg

Get what I am saying about the edge of the text is seen probably the remaining amount of the text line not shown in calendar width.

Then I quit went to lunch... come back restarted
and EVERYTHING is aligned again in the Month view same events showing. Just a refresh, each line is separate by white again, , not text overlapping

Nothing changed Any Idea Why?

Oh BTW... I am about done... LOTS of changes got rid of Gantts and hidd all the setup stuff
Pretty proud of myself

Now to hammer on my system with your code as a operator

All OnCALL events from my app ports events to SC
If event in SC, then events is Tag with my Acct#
Entering from my acct auto filters other events
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 am
Congrats on the progress! Text bleeding between rows probably means one of the portal row elements was nudged out of position. You can compare the portals on the sidebar and no-sideber version as one would rarely mess up both and, if you're careful, copy the whole calendar tab object from one layout to the other if one now works better that the other. Backup your files and practice this on a copy, but it works great.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:18 pm
Actually its not a layout alignment problem.. thought so, and appears so
it just happens some freaking times...

I exit & restart the SC and it fine...

Oh I love never used b4 your backup so simple thks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:04 pm
Glad the backup trick is helping. And thanks for sending that video of the calendar integrated into your app! It's very cool to see that after just hearing about it for so long.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar