Schedule PopUp

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:09 am
Hello,
I'd like to develop a layout that is based on the schedule layout, that would have to be small (4 columns, each some 70 pts wide), to bring up as a "PopUp" or accessory window in the top right hand corner of the screen. I've been playing with a copy of the layout, but can't seem to get it all working. Especially, listed events remain too large. They don't stay within the width limit of the resource they belong to. Than also, I'd like to be able to have it change the date, according to a date selection made in another window, and display the events already scheduled. Would any of this be possible. Well, I know the answer to that is "yes", but could you give me some hints, hoping that the description of my goals is clear enough.
Thanks in advance, from Paris,
Amicalement !
Jan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:37 am
Hi Jan,

Sounds like a cool modification. Here are a couple tips that may help...

- Regarding events overflowing their columns, we have a video showing how to manipulate columns on the calendar layouts. This probably takes some trial and error as there are a lot of stacked objects there, but these videos should help. You'll find the videos at the top of the following articles:

FM11 Calendar: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... Appearance

FM12 Caledar: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... lendarTabs

-The selected dates in the calendar are all stored in globals, so all windows will share the same selections. BUT, after changing the focus date in one window you'll likely need to run our "refresh..." script in the other window in order for it to change focus also. You can script this by using the SelectWindow script step and then calling our "reffesh..." script again.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:39 am
Thank you John, for your quick reaction ! I'll try out your suggestions, probably over the weekend, and get back on this. Have a nice weekend !

Jan

Return to SeedCode Calendar