Gantt Sort by Resource

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:08 am
Any Way i could add a view to the gantt chart that sorted it by resource. For Example in the left hand column each Project Has a hierarchy system, i would like to know if this is possible for resources.

Currently:
Project Name|
->Project Name/Phases
What i am talking about adding.
Resource|
->Project Name
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:38 am
Changing the sort order of the gantt chart is pretty simple, but adding a new summary level as you're suggesting here (or replacing the Project summary level with a resource level) is trickier.

We haven't even included the resource in our SQL query for the gantt chart, so you'd have a bit of work to do to add that and then alter the script "Load Records into Gantt Chart" so that it has a new sort branch looking for Resources instead of Projects. If you're an advanced developer you could probably dig into that without our help.

Otherwise we'd be happy to make this change for you as part of an implementation package: http://sites.fastspring.com/seedcode/pr ... onpackages

Feel free to email me directly if you have more questions about this or want to purchase a package and get to work on this.

Thanks,

John (john at seedcode.com)
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar