Accidental loss of "Assign Colors" record

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:44 am
Hello SeedCode,
This morning I was facing a disaster; calendar wouldn't open. I figured out that it was something in the "Load Calendar Color Coding" script that didn't proceed through a loop. I couldn't do anything, and re-did my work of yesterday. Bummer.
I did finally find out why this had happened, and I wanted to communicate this to you. It was because the single (necessary) record in the "Assign Colors" table had been accidentally deleted. Probably my doing, no criticism here.
It just made me wonder: would there be a way of introducing a check on this, at startup, that would re-create a new record in case this happened again ?!
Also, I have already experienced situations where new records in the main "Calendar" table were (accidentally also) introduced. I don't remember the details, but although that actually didn't provoke major problems, it might seem like a good idea of checking this also at startup. These are just some ideas, or suggestions. I'm not sufficiently Filemaker fluent to do these things myself ...
Thanks,
Jan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:44 am
Hi Jan. I'm sorry that happened, and that you had to redo your work. What you are describing is ringing a bell, though I don't remember the exact circumstances. There actually isn't a table called "Assign Colors". That layout uses the "CalendarInterface" table, and the portal records are in the related "CalendarColors" table. Both of those tables are populated automatically, if necessary, during the "Upon Opening" script. If the same problem happens again, send me your file and I'll track it down. -Jeff

Return to SeedCode Calendar