Schedule Printing Issue

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:34 am
I recently modified my schedule portal to include a scroll bar and upped the number of rows that I can see. However, when I try to print I can only print the rows that I can see on the screen, it doesn't show the extra ones. I tried scrolling down but it doesn't work, so I tried using the time arrows to scroll down but it skips the times already shown.

Any ideas?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:16 am
Hi Illyssa,

Right, that's the expected FileMaker behavior when you're in browse mode. What you see is what you get.

Writing a script that prints a page and then advances the scrolling and then printing the next page, etc. is probably the simplest approach and is what I think most folks do.

Using a List View instead of a portal would be a fancier approach, but would involve building a new dedicated layout as well as some scripting.

Let me know if that helps,
-Jason
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:29 am
Hi Jason,

I'd definitely rather just have a script that just advances the scrolling. I found the command to scroll the window but after reading the "Print Calendar Screen" script I'm a little lost on where to add this command.

I will admit, I'm a pretty much a novice at this.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:21 am
Hi,

Right this would be a script you'd need to write or have someone write for you, but this shouldn't be too tricky as we have our "Time Later" script which is the down button you use when you don't have a scroll bar, so you're script would be something like:

Print
Perform Script [Time Later]
Print

etc.

Our scripts are pretty complicated and would be considered jumping into the deep end for a novice, and although you can certainly learn that way, it is the hard way.

I do recommend the FileMaker Training Series, they do a good job giving you the fundamentals of the calc and script engines and have self-paced tutorials and examples etc.

http://www.filemaker.com/support/training/fts.html

We also offer support blocks if it's something you'd like to have us take care of for you and you can see what we did, and that's a good way to learn as well. Hit us up at [email protected] if you're interested in going that route.

-Jason
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:27 am
Jason,

Thank you. I will definitely look into something like that. Our company could certainly use it.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:33 am
Cool, let us know if you have any more questions.

When I started out, I would do what I could and then build a list of everything I couldn't and got a coach to show me what I was missing once every two weeks or so. That along with the FTS (wasn't called that back then) were the the most valuable resources and quickly moved me from novice.

Cheers!

Return to SeedCode Calendar