Restrict user possibilities-related question

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:45 am
Hello SeedCode,

I need your appreciated help again ...

I have constructed around your Calendar, and would like to achieve the following :

- Eliminate the creation of a new Event by "Shift-Clicking" in the calendar
- Allow popping-up of EventDetail only to the person whose Event it is (CurrentAccountName) and CalendarAdmin
- Eliminate the possibility of "dragging", both Events as well as the AllDaySeparator

I have the impression that a few simple "verification" steps in the "Click in / Drag Event" script could do the trick but I'm hesitant as to where exactly I should place these. Could you help me ?! Please....

Bien amicalement,
Jan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:59 am
You will need to edit the script "Click in / Drag Event".

To prevent shift click you can either comment out the set variable script step "$sc_ModifierKeys" or change it to an empty value.

To not allow drag and drop you can add a set variable script step to the top of the script that sets a global variable "$$sc_DragTargetRow" to an empty value.

At the time the user clicks the event we don't know any details of that event other than the id so you may want to handle seeing the event using record access privileges so they can click but when the window opens it won't show any data. You could also put your If test at the bottom of the "Click in /Drag Event" script after it has opened the window and if your test fails you could just close the popup window or change to a layout that says you do not have access to this event.

Hope that helps,

-Tanner
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:53 am
Thank you Tanner, your first two suggestions work perfectly well. For the third, I added an "If" statement checking whether Get ( AccountName ) equals EventAccountName. In case it doesn't, it launches the "Close Window & Refresh Calendar" script, and displays a message indicating the user has no right to see this Event. That works if only one Event is selected. If however there are two overlapping events being selected, it will still show one of them (both are "owned" by a different user). I think the check should be performed earlier in the "Click in / Drag Event" script, to apply to each individual EventDetail window brought up.
Could you suggest again ?!
Thanks a lot,
Amicalement,
Jan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:56 am
Hi Jan. Try modifying the "Display Found Set in Separate Windows" script as shown in the attached screen shot. The highlighted steps are ones I've added to close the Event Details window if it doesn't match the required criteria. -Jeff
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 7.52.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 7.52.54 AM.png (158.54 KiB) Viewed 5325 times
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:58 am
Jeff,
Thank for this one, I tried it today, but I 'm afraid it doesn't really do the trick either. It will close the first of two found EventDetail windows, but leave the other open on screen. I'm not that good at troubleshooting this, the "Display Found Set..." and "Click in / Drag Event" scripts are pretty complex. My feeling is that the loop in the "Display Found Set" script, within which I try to execute some sort of an "ownership" test exits too early, because the exit condition is met (FoundCount=1), after closing the first window. From then on, I'm kinda stuck ...

If you would throw some more light, I'd be D-lighted,

Bien amicalement,
Jan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:09 am
Hi Jan. We'd be happy to build this custom modification for you. You can purchase a three-hour implementation package (our minimum) and we'll get it scheduled. Here's where you can get the implementation package:
http://sites.fastspring.com/seedcode/pr ... onpackages

Return to SeedCode Calendar