Viewing the Ruler

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:35 am
One of the computers at our office constantly has the ruler on it's view. No matter who logs on to the computer, the ruler is on. I obviously don't want it on and I have no idea why it's happening. The computer is operating on Windows 7 and is an HP Omni 200. You can just turn the ruler off everyday obviously, but that isn't a solution, just a band-aid. Do you know of any reason this would happen or if it's happened to others in the past?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:19 am
Are you talking about the "Ruler" option from the "View" menu? That's just a FileMaker feature. You can turn rulers on or off manually using that menu command, or you can script it with the "Show/Hide Text Rulers" step. The Calendar file doesn't ship using that script step anywhere, so I don't know why the Calendar would be turning them on. Are you sure you aren't opening another FileMaker file that is turning them on using the "Show/Hide Text Rulers" step? Here's more info about that feature from FileMaker's website:

http://www.filemaker.com/11help/html/sc ... 37.12.html
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:34 pm
I am talking about the "Ruler" option. The only file that was opened was SeedCode Calendar. I tried logging on under different profiles to see if maybe it was something that was attached to that user name but that was not the issue. It seems to only happen on the one computer. I know you can turn it off manually, I stated in the first post that's what we've been doing but I was looking to see if you've experience this anywhere else so I could have some insight as to what is happening.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:35 am
Hi Illyssa. Sorry, but I don't have any other advice on this beyond what I've already mentioned. You might have to contact FileMaker technical support if you can't figure it out.

Return to SeedCode Calendar