Problem with shift click and drag, missing items in simple

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:39 pm
I have customized the calendar and I know that something I did has caused these issues. Hoping that the solution is obvious. The main customization is to add scrolling to the normal week view, and reduce the number of portal lines in both normal and simple views (and resize the data fields in the portal).

Issue 1:
When I shift click on the calendar in normal week view, I get a new event window which is populated with the correct date. However, the time is populated with the actual time at event creation rather than the time where I clicked on the calendar.
I've checked to make sure my Time Start field has the same auto enter calculation as the original calendar.

Issue 2:
The same problem occurs when I drag an event to a different day or time. It jumps to the actual time I made the change.

Issue 3:
I have a problem on the simple week view, where events with no start or end time do not appear on Saturdays. They appear on the other days of the week.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can give. I am hoping I won't have to start over as I did not notice these issues until several iterations down the road.

I am still working in SeedCode Calendar Pro for Filemaker 11. (I think version 5.6)

Sincerely,

Rusty
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:58 am
I really don't know what might be going on without seeing your file, and since you've customized it, it would be harder for me to troubleshoot. I'm happy to help you but it would probably go beyond the free support we offer. Couple of ideas: it sounds like your Start Time field is auto entering the Current Date. If that option is on for that field it might override the auto-enter calc. The problem where all-day events aren't appearing on Saturdays could be data-related. Sometimes rogue carriage returns (e.g., at the end of the description field) can cause rendering errors (events drawn in the wrong place on the calendar). You can test this by making a copy of your file and deleting all event records, then creating a few test events that you know don't contain carriage returns. If you can't figure it out, let me know and I'll get you the info about how to purchase an implementation package. HTH... Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:52 pm
If I turn on debugging on a fresh copy of the SeedCode Calendar Pro, I can watch the script On Object Enter: Click/Drag Event and see where the variable $sc_Time is set properly to the time I clicked on. However, the scripts exit before the new event is created. This is frustrating me because I cannot see when the $sc_Time variable is applied to the Start time field. (The same is true of my modified version. $sc_Time is given the correct time when this script is called.)

If I turn debugging off, and do the same thing, the event is created with the correct time in the start time field.

Can you tell me which script and where the $sc_Time is placed into the new event? I was hoping that would help me figure out why mine is instead using the current time.

Thanks,

Rusty
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:59 am
New events are created in the "Create Edit Delete Event ( SourceNo ) { Operation , Hide, DateStart , DateEnd , TimeStart ... }" script, and the start time field is set in the step you see highlighted in the attached screen shot.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 11.57.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 11.57.57 AM.png (82.44 KiB) Viewed 4908 times
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:10 pm
Thank you! That solved my issue with shift clicking to create events as well as dragging events. Apparently I had modified this script in the past and forgotten to document the change.

My remaining issue is the hidden untimed events on Saturdays in the simple view. I will do some more testing and try to ask a more coherent question in a new post to the forums.

Thanks again!!

Return to SeedCode Calendar