Month View with Multiple Sources >5

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:38 am
Hi

I'm using Pro calendar (build 5.6). Until a week ago I had 4 sources for my calendar, all working nicely. I've now added 3 more calendar sources. Now, when I run the main settings script to default to 5 sources or less, it still works as expected. Only if I increase the number of sources to use e.g. "List (1;2;3;4;5;6;7 )" does the calendar generation script ("Insert iCal File Into Calendar {UseExistingData}") gets stuck in infinite loop. Please can you advise me which scripts to look at in order to troubleshoot this one.

Here's some more background info which I hope will give you some insight:
1. I only need calendar month view to work.

2. In practice users input one event per day. Never any more.

3. I'm doing something a bit unconventional. All 7 calendar sources point to the same table. The intention is for each day to display 7 fields from the same event record, one per line.

4. The attached two images both show the month view for November 20 2013:
a) On the left is when I've setup default sources to be 5. (Only three lines are showing in the example because there's no data in the other two fields.)
b) The image on the right is when I've set default sources to be 7. You can see that it starts creating the event correctly, the first line was put in right. At some point it goes haywire with a second rogue event "In Res TBC ATW/CD". The system gets stuck in a loop, placing this same event in all the days cells throughout the month. You can see at the bottom that there are 149 more events for that day. All the extra events for that day are for the same rogue event whose real date is 4 December 2013.
screenshot_1155.jpg
Left image is sample day when 5 sources are used. Right is same day with 7 sources used.
screenshot_1155.jpg (17.13 KiB) Viewed 4871 times

5. Extra script adjustments for sources > 5: The Seedcode Calendar Pro instructions tell me to visit a bunch of scripts and make adjustments for any sources beyond 5. It's told me "If you're creating Source No 5 or lower, you're done. Enter browse mode, run your Upon Opening script and enjoy. If you're creating Source No 6 or higher you'll need to edit a few scripts…" I've followed those instructions.

Please can you give me some areas to investigate where the script may be going wrong.

Many thanks
Kevin
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:53 am
Hi Kevin. I'm not sure what's going on but I'd be happy to have a look at your files and help you figure it out. You can send them to me at [email protected], along with the full-access login information.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:31 am
Hi Jeff, Thanks very much for the offer to look through the file. I've emailed you at the [email protected] address and attached the file. Thanks very much. Kevin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:04 am
Thanks Jeff. It was very helpful having you look at my code to attempt to locate the bug. Thanks for all the suggestions for a work-around.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:28 am
You're welcome, Kevin. I'll paste the two ideas I had for you to show multiple lines of your event description on the Month View, in case other folks are interested:

1. You could edit the repeating calculation fields in the CalendarRows table to look at the first row for each day on the Month View, and render the appropriate line from the zscEventSummaryCalc field.

2. Or, since you never have more than one event per day, you could change the number of rows per day shown on Month View to 1, and make each portal row as tall as possible so all lines in the zscEventSummaryCalc are visible. The issue there would be the rows that display the day numbers, but you could make separate portals; a regular-height, one-row portal for the day numbers, then a taller one-row portal for the event content. Then repeat that pattern five more times and you'll have the entire month.

Return to SeedCode Calendar