Embedded SeedCode - Color problem

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:48 pm
Please,
I managed to integrate SeedCode in my data file, and it seems to work, but I am unable to complete an usable "assign colors" procedure, and I do not know where I "bugged" despite my long trials to understand this failure, and to see what differences exist (where ? in tables, in scripts, in layouts ?). Here are 2 pictures of the layout for color status definitions, the one of SeedCode, and the one of my integrated (?) file.

myfile.jpg
myfile.jpg (66.24 KiB) Viewed 8385 times

SeedCode file.jpg
SeedCode file.jpg (56.83 KiB) Viewed 8385 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:56 am
Hi Pierre. I'm not sure what you're saying the problem is. Can you send more details? We have lots of documentation on our website to help you with your calendar integration. You might start here:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... tionColors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:08 am
Thank your very much for your attention to my question.
I'll try to say more. I have the impression I followed step by step the integration procedures, for embedding SeedCode Calendar in my data file, and much works as it should (I have not yet done any sophisticated personnalisation ...). I can see my events in all Calendar layout variants, but the main problem is the color question. And the logic of the system is somewhat out of my reach (difficult for me to follow all the variables and their true meaning, or value, and so on, as it seems that there is some kind of "dynamic" allocation of values to variables and so on. I have not the pretention to understand everything.

I cannot assign colors; in the corresponding layout I have no color choices in the palette of the right side, no colors in the status colors on the left side (but the name of status is OK, imported from your data) .

I can add events to my calendar, and if I create new events they appear in the Event Liste, also appear in my linked data file, but surprisingly do not appear any longer on the calendar itself (it worked in previous versions of my numerous trials...).

But for color of events, I never could make something interesting appear.
For the initialisation (script and subscripts of Upon opening and so on, loading interface, sources, and so on), I think it is ok (?), At least I have not changed or deleted anything, and only modified the minimal few lines indicated when necessary,

I send you here the state of two other screens.
First the the Assign Colors (in browse mode) and Calendar Records (in Browse mode too)
Attachments
Sans titre.jpg
Sans titre.jpg (23.4 KiB) Viewed 8376 times
Sans titre 2.jpg
Sans titre 2.jpg (39.7 KiB) Viewed 8376 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:53 am
Hi Pierre,

The two empty fields on the left should be getting populated when the script Load Calendar Graphics gets run as part of the start up routine. Those are text characters that we use for the color fill and stripe in the Simple Calendar.

Upon Opening > Load Calendar Settings - On Startup --- Edit Configuration Here --- > Load Calendar Graphics

so maybe something's not right there. Please run the script Load Calendar Graphics manually and see if that corrects the issue. If it does, check that script path starting with Upon Opening and make sure Load Calendar Graphics is getting called.

We sometimes run into font issues, but that doesn't look like the case here as the layout versions of these objects are all showing on the right.

Let me know if that helps!

If not, we can take a peek at the file and see if we can figure out the issue. Send us an e-mail at [email protected] and we can get that set-up.

Cheers!
-Jason
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:20 pm
YESSS !!! :D (or almost... :( )

That was the problem.
But Loading Calendar Graphics did not change anything. When I searched the script to run it "manually" I saw the the next script name was "]Load Calendar Graphics - alternate[" and I peeked in the script. Seemed to be a salvage script for Mac users ( I am one). So I run that alternate script also, and now I have all the colors I wish to appear ...

- to assign colors
- to see them in the event edition pop-up window
- to see them in the event list (with proper star date)

This problem of alternate script doing the work could not be guessed, I think. Of course I update the 2 scripts calling "Load calendar graphics", more precisely I made the scripts call successively the "Load..." and the "Load ... - alternate" version, case they would not be exactly interchangable, the fist being maybe more complete (?). Anyway it works for the color problem.

BUT

The event does not appear on the calendar itself (as already mentioned). It is nevertheless created on my Data file (but without the start date !)
So the summary is transmitted to my Data file, but not the date of the event. Then, if I define the date in that new record, on my data file, the event appears THEN on the calendar, and with the correct defined status color ! Seems to be a question (a problem) of tunneling of data through links ? Where is the bug? What have I made incorrectly, or forgotten, or failed to guess... ?
I do not understand.

Anyway thank you for your help.

If you can also help me for the just mentioned problem, I will be running for a good while to configure my solution I hope, without disturbing you any more I hope.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:47 pm
Right, got it.

Interesting about that alternate script working. We'll take a look at that, but glad it's working!

Right, so it sounds like the date value is not getting passed to the record unless you do it manually. Do you see the date field in the pop-up event window? If so, then I think that might be the wrong field OR it's not the one you have mapped on the "Source No 1" layout.

Let me know if that's it.

-jason
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:12 am
Yes strange.

EVEN MORE STRANGE:
The color assignation and use now worked (MacOS 10.6.8).

Then I copied my file on my other computer (Mac OS Maverick) and it bugged again (No colors in Calendar, and left panel of Assign Colors layout empty). I had not done the tiniest change or edition in my file !

So I ran my file under FMP 13 (exactly the same file) and then it worked again !... (the very same file, without any change!)

I dare to publish here ANOTHER PROBLEM that appeared. It is the question of visualisation (or edition too) of my Event Details in the small pop-up window). When this window is triggered
- by clicking on the event in the Calendar: everything OK
- by clicking on the small green triangle on the left of the same event, in Event List view) I get the Event Details pop-up window, but not showing the event details in proper format (layout) but again a list of events, as in Event List view (=layout) !!!

I do not understand the problem, neither exactly what I should change. My field mapping is OK I think (Source No 1). Here is what I get, first by clicking on an Event List event (green arrow on the left) , then by clicking on a Calendar event .
Attachments
Event Detail triggered from Event List.jpg
Event Detail triggered from Event List.jpg (185.13 KiB) Viewed 8354 times
Event detail triggered from Calendar views.jpg
Event detail triggered from Calendar views.jpg (70.59 KiB) Viewed 8354 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:50 am
Hi Pierre. I'm not sure what the problem is either, but I'd be happy to help you figure it out if you'd like to send me your file at [email protected]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:06 am
Hi, jeffalmquist

Thank you for your efforts to help me, on the forum.

Could not send it by mail, too big for our IP. Tried to made it slimmer, than to segment it, but did not manage upto now, to find an acceptable solution for you too.

I try further. Could it be possible to transfer it through FTP ? Do you have such a server, where I could deposit my file ?

If not I go on trying the conventional e-mail attachment.

Hope I have soon more success, because I appreciate your help.

Pierre
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:07 am
Hi Pierre. Thanks for sending in your file. Looks like the button object on the Event List layout is just missing the required parameters.

Should look like this:

"SourceNo = 1 ; ID = " & SampleEvents::id & " ; DateStart = " & SampleEvents::DateStart

// ...using your fields. =)

Return to SeedCode Calendar