Two portals (showing 2 tables) on same layout

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:15 pm
Slowly progressing.Thanks for your help in my integration efforts.
A further step now, but it might concern more FMP than SeedCode Calendar (?).
On the same window I wish to show ...
1. The schedules of operation rooms (base on my own developments, and some calendar-like features, with reference to my own table, let's call the table OP (in portals)
2. The corresponding calendar rows of SeedCode Calendar.(in portal, showing record from CalendarInterface)

But I managed to have EITHER one information OR the other, depending if I Set the layout model to show records of OP or set the layout to show CalendarInterface records.

I thought I could show in portals data from several external linked tables, independantly of the layout set-up. Maybe it is a question of links, but I do not know how to link with which keys between which tables.

Here is an illustration, of the two situations:

- One showing on bottom an excerpts of the SC Calendar rows (supposed finally to show periods of absence of surgeons, if an operating theater can be considered free to use by other surgeons, and so on). Nothing of my own data appearing
- And on the second picture my own data appearing, but no longer SC data.
Attachments
SEEDCode data.png
SEEDCode data.png (61.37 KiB) Viewed 4141 times
My data.jpg
My data.jpg (123.1 KiB) Viewed 4141 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:25 am
Pierre,

Thanks for the screenshots--makes everything easier. If I'm following you correctly, this is pretty easy to accomplish.

First, set the layout to show CalendarInterface records. Then, create a relationship from CalendarInterface to the table occurrence where the layout was set in your first screen shot: the table occurrence that would show records of OP. You probably want to make this an equi-join relationship: one where you use the "x" operator between "RowsToShowGlob" on the CalendarInterface side and almost any field on the "show records of OP" side. The returning to your layout you should see both your data and the SC calendar data.

=)

Hope that's clear.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:10 am
Thank you John,

As you noticed it was not a SeedCode enigma, it was just an FMP question...

I suspected it was a problem of links between tables and tried several options, until, in fact, I linked the proper tables with the X link and it worked. I have my two tables and my two "calendars" in the same view, what was the objective. That's what you suggested; it costed my hours, but nevertheless i learned something. If I had read your suggestion earlier, it would have facilitated my efforts, but I did not expect a help on week-end...

So this topic is closed, and thank you again. It is very comforting just to know that I am not alone with my (sometimes) stupid amateur problems.

Pierre
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:47 pm
Glad you figured it out, Pierre. For what it's worth, I don't think this technique--chaining context table occurrences together--is "amateur" stuff. =)
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar