FM 13

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:48 am
I am about to embark on a big project using Calendar Pro. Like to hear from you , are you working on a new version specifically for FM13 ? Cheers
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:01 am
We haven't started working on the next version of the calendar yet and we don't have an estimated time frame for when it might be available. The current FM 12 version works fine in FM 13, although it doesn't take advantage of any of the new features introduced in FM 13. HTH -Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:45 pm
In this new project to be developed in FM13, we have at least 100 over events on a single day with 3-4 resources. The calendar is hosted is a remote server. So speed is very important. I am thinking of replacing those ExecuteSQL statement with Perform Script on Server. Before I do that, I like to hear your opinion on this. How much can thing speed up ? Is it worth doing this ?

Apart from the above, are there anything else in FM13 I can use to speed things up ?

Thank you
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:12 pm
We haven't tried it, but theoretically you should see at least some improvement using PSOS in the calendar. The only way to know for sure is to actually build it and test it. Before you do though, try this: Run the "Time On" script in the calendar and then refresh the calendar on a day showing a large number of events. You'll see two dialogs with split times: the first is how long it takes to gather the data, the second is how long it takes to render the data as a calendar. Replacing SQL with PSOS will only affect the first time, and in many cases that is not where the bulk of the delay is. Knowing these times will give you an idea if the change to PSOS is worth it or not. Run "Time Off" to stop these timing dialogs.

Return to SeedCode Calendar