Filtering on a repeating field

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:12 am
I have a repeating field of 2. When filtering on the second field it does not take it into account...

Hoe can a filter on repeating field ?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:48 am
Hi Paul. Which SeedCode product are you using and where exactly are you trying to implement a filter? Can you post a screen shot?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:40 am
Hi

I am using SeedCode Calendar v12. In The Event Details I have a repeating field with the length of 2 (Installateurs: Mobiliflex and Armag in the screen capture). When I filter the Calendar, let"s say on the second field of 2 (Armag), I always get the first field as well in the results.

Also if I filter on Mobiliflex I also get Mobiliflex QC.

See attachment...

Thanks
Attachments
SeedCode.png
SeedCode.png (57.93 KiB) Viewed 4949 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:13 am
Hello Paul,

Thanks for the screen shot!

The idea here would be to use a single field in Event Details for your installers, and to separate the installers with carriage returns. Formatting the field as checkboxes will do this for you automatically. The beauty of this is that there is only one field to search: searching the field for "Armag" will find them if they are the first installer for that event or the third. (That kind of search is what our filters do under the hood.)

This is what we demonstrate in this video showing how to link an event to multiple resources (like your installers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYWbh9_e2jw More at the end of the page here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... .Resources

Additionally, return-separated values can be used as keys in relationships where repeating values can not. So if you have a field with more than one ID separated by carriage returns, a relationship based on that field will match ANY of the rreturn separated values in the field.

In this case that is much preferred to using repeating fields.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:23 pm
THANKS!

It does work as describe in your response!

Paul

Return to SeedCode Calendar