Events Vanished from the Calendar Display

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:42 pm
Hi, and thanks in advance for any advice anyone might give.

A client obtained the free calendar and asked that I tie it into their FM solution to display work orders. I did so and it worked like a charm. Time passes.... This week they told me that all of the events, even those from the past, have vanished from the display. Indeed, the calendar in any display mode is void of events. I entered EDIT mode, went to the set-up layout and then re-entered BROWSE mode and every event was there. All of the fields - Start and Stop time and date, converted timestamps, description, all were just as one would expect to see them. Nothing looks wrong, and nothing has changed in the code or relationships of the calendar. To my recollection, nothing relating to the data tied to the calendar in their application has changes either. I've been trying to trouble-shoot this situation but nothing seems wrong under the hood and nothing seems to have changed between the time it displayed and now. Can anyone put me on some sort of path as to where I might look?

Thanks for any help you can give.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:46 pm
I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot this, but I'll have to see your files. Would you mind sending them? You can send them to us at [email protected] -Jeff
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:04 pm
I'll get them to you tomorrow morning. Thanks for helping me out.
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:33 am
I just figured out what happened. It appears that a "rogue" work order record had been created at some point that had no record ID or any other data of any kind (all fields showed as ?). I deleted this record and the calendar went back to normal. This now leaves me with another problem. How did that completely invalid record come to be created? But that's another problem that doesn't involve the calendar as far as I can tell unless it was a misfire of the shift-click function that creates new records from the calendar. If anyone has experienced this, let me know with a reply here. Otherwise, I'll assume it happened someplace in the host app.

Thanks for the support. I hope this indecent may answer someone else's question down the road if the same thing happens to them.

Glen Cardenas
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:45 am
Probably not possible to figure out what happened with that one record, as there are lots of equally likely theoretical explanations. I'd just chalk this one up to user error and not worry about it unless it keeps happening. -Jeff

Return to SeedCode Calendar